Chapter One: Blue Eyed Beast

Zelda drummed her gloved fingers on her surface of the mahogany table top. In the center of the small table laid a wooden chess set; her favorite game. She huffed a lose lock of hair out of her face and looked out the icy window.

This particular winter day the Princess of Hyrule wore a long red, velvet dress and her long, hazel colored hair tied up into a lose braid. Zelda got up from her chair and headed up to the window. A slight smile graced her lips when she saw a black wolf, with blue eyes seated on the snowy ground looking straight up at her. His shiny coat was spotted with fluffy white snow flakes and his tail wagged nonstop; with a goofy, wolf grin plastered on his face.

The wolf looked around, got up, and ran out of sight. Zelda walked to her chair and sat down. After about five minutes she heard soft scratching at the door. Zelda got up and opened it, revealing the wolf.

"Stop fooling around and turn back into your regular self," Zelda laughed. "You're scaring the gaurds you're supposed to be training."

The wolf started to transform into a Hylian. In a flash he stood before Zelda as a tall, blond man in a green tunic and the Ordon Sword strapped to his back; since he returned the Master Sword to it's pedestal in the Faron Woods.

"How does it feel to be a wolf, Link?" Zelda teased.

"Well," Link smiled. "It feels like I'm saving your kingdom and another kingdom all over again."

Zelda crossed her arms and smiled, "Aren't you supposed to be training my troops, Mr. Blue Eyed Beast?"

After the Twilight Invasion, Zelda knighted Link as the general of her army; since her previous one had retired from being the leader of the Royal Army for several decades. In Link's free time he liked to tag along with Zelda, who became one of his closest friends in Castle Town.

Link shrugged, "They've been working hard and it's cold outside. They deserve a day off."

"You just wanted a day off?" Zelda joked.

"You're once again right", Link smiled. "But, your men have been working hard."

"If we have another Twilight Invasion, I'm blaming it on you," Zelda smirked.

Link boasted, "I'm proud to say I've taught your army how to demolish their enemies...and how to use their manners."

"Like you have any," Zelda joked.

"I'm not going to argue with the Triforce of Wisdom," Link laughed. "May I come in, Your Majesty?"

"Of course", Zelda let him into the large room, lit with a fire burning in the fireplace. Portraits hung on the crimson walls, and a large sofa and an arm chair sat in front of the warm fire.

Link flopped down on the large sofa and sighed, "It's was cold outside, Your Majesty. Since you're in charge around here can't you change the weather?"

Zelda sat down in the arm chair, "I'm afraid that's out of my power, Link."

"That must stink," Link laughed.

"Not really," Zelda smiled. "I think I actually like the snow"

"You're crazy, Zelda," Link told her.

"Maybe this time you are right," Zelda replied.

They sat there for a long silence, until Link finally broke it. "I like the feeling of being right."

"Don't get used to it, Link."

"Don't worry. I'm savoring every moment of it."

Again, there was another long silence, until Link broke it again, "Have you ever thought of marrige yet, Zelda? I mean, you being the Princess and everything; I would think you'd have suitors."

Link's question caught Zelda off gaurd, but she finally awnsered him, "No, I can marry who ever I choose. I really don't like the idea of suitors, anyways."

"That's great!" Link exclaimed. "In a lot of fairy tails it seems as if the Princess has to marry a Prince."

"Yes," Zelda agreed. "Although, some members of the council weren't all on board when my father told them that he has given me the right to marry who ever I choose."

Link crossed his arms, "Well that's stupid."

Zelda looked at him skeptically, "You seem very passionate about this subject."

Link shrugged, "Just want to make sure you don't marry an idiot."

"That's nice to know I have a friend that is that worried about me," Zelda told Link.

Link laughed, "Well I'd feel like a cruddy Hero if I couldn't save the person I've already saved before. And you're a great friend, so I want make sure you're safe."

Zelda got up from her armchair, "That's sweet of you, Link. Do you want to go for a walk."

Link got up, "Ha ha, I see what you did there, Princess. Asking a guy who could turn into a dog if he wants to go to for a walk."

Zelda walked over to the door and opened it, "Come on, doggy!"

Link laughed, "You sounded like Midna right there."

Zelda smiled, "Come on. Let's go."