Chapter Thirteen: Tears of a Goddess

Lord Daltos gingerly walked into the Mirror Chamber. A large black slab of rock laid behind a pedestal of some type that originally held the Mirror of Twilight. Ganondorf had commanded Daltos to travel to Arbiters Grounds in the Gerudo Desert in order to start building a Mirror of Darkness, but Daltos wasn't as eager as his master. He had heard rumors of that the unrested souls of criminals and murderers still wandered the abandoned prison.

"This is where it all happened", Ganondorf's voice interrupted Daltos' thoughts. "This is where the cursed Sages banished me to the Twilight Realm. But that is also when I was gifted the Triforce of Power. What I lost will now be mine once again..."

"How are you going to claim the Triforce of Power again", Daltos asked, "And how are we going to build a mirror?"

"Out of the shards of the Mirror of Twilight", Ganondorf replied.

Daltos had a puzzled expression on his face, "But, it was shattered. There's no remains."

"While it's is true the Mirror of Twilight cannot be recovered",  Ganondorf explained, "There are shards, to little to be put back together the mirror it once was, it could be used to create another mirror."

"Where are the shards", Lord Daltos inquired.

"They're on the ground, of course", Ganondorf replied.

Daltos looked at the ground, "I don't see them-"

"You imbecile", Ganondorf roared, "Do you not have the common sense that the shards would only be visible at twilight?!"

"Umm..."

Ganondorf was growing impatient, "Idiot, the shards are the shards of the Mirror of Twilight, remember?"

"So, what do you want me to do", Daltos inquired.

"When twilight comes gather the shards and at the last light of dusk, use the tears of a Goddess to recreate the mirror into the Mirror of Darkness", Ganondorf ordered.

Lord Daltos nodded, "But where do I get tears of a goddess?"

"Must I explain everything", Ganondorf growled. "The Mirror of Twilight was destroyed by a tear of twilight. To create the Mirror of Darkness, you need the tear of a goddess. I'm sure you are aware that the Queen of Hyrule is the reincarnation of the goddess Hylia."
____________________________________________________________________

After a week at Zora's Domain, Link and Zelda prepared to leave once more. At dawn Prince Ralis and a few Zora citizens saw them off. Zelda waved farewell as Link took Epona's reins and took off. Prince Ralis smiled back and waved.

It would be a two day trip to Ordon Village, where Ordona and Faron's Spring were located. As dusk fell, Link and Zelda made camp in Faron Woods. Darkness started to fall after Link started to make a fire. They sat around the blazing fire eating the food from their food supplies.

Zelda looked up at the stars, "It's nice to get out away from civilization sometimes isn't it? You can see the stars better..."

"After a while, you're literally dying to get back home", Link laughed, "But, you're right. You can see the stars better out here."

"I guess you're familiar with camping", Zelda smiled at Link. "Since you traveled Hyrule during the Twilight Invasion."

Link layer down in the grass, "Yeah, saving your kingdom."

Zelda smirked at him, "We could switch jobs if you want. I'm sure you'd just love to deal with Lord Daltos."

"That I would", Link joked as he smacked his green cap onto his face. "Goodnight, Sleeping Beauty."

"Same goes for you, Sleepyhead", Zelda laughed. In a matter of time the two were sleeping a dream less sleep.