Chapter Twenty-four: Weakness and Strength

Link pulled himself up on the shore of the river, gulping down greedy breaths of air. After he got up on the shore he promptly helped Daltos up. Fi had decided to travel in the Master Sword and chose that moment to appear beside Midna who was laughing at Daltos. Lord Daltos was sitting on the shore hyperventilating, "That was-"

"Fun", Link finished Daltos' sentence and got up. The group was under one of the bridges that surrounded Castle Town. Link looked at up at Hyrule Castle knowing that somewhere inside Zelda was there.

Daltos coughed, "Not exactly the word I was looking for, but okay."

"Well", Midna started. "Let's hop to it! But I have to admit, I don't remember where Telma's is."

"Don't worry. I took Zelda not too long ago when she lost a bet", Link said, obviously remembering that memory fondly. "That was before all of this happened."

Daltos spoke up, "Is she a forgiving person?"

Link smiled warmly at Daltos, "Don't worry, I know for a fact Zelda will forgive you."

"Hey", Midna smirked. "I forgive you too. You've earned my trust."

"I'm sure you have a good heart", Fi cracked a rare smile. "On the other hand, Master Link, we should get a move on."

"Right", Link nodded and started to lead the way into Castle Town.
____________________________________________________________________

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice", Ganondorf said in a more serious tone. "You will help me whether you want to or not."

"I'd like to see you try", Zelda retorted.

Ganondorf chuckled, "You do know that Link would put himself in any danger to save you?"

Zelda gasped, "You wouldn't dare!"

"Don't act so suprised, my dear Zelda", Ganondorf said in a sickly sweet voice. "I've used you as Link's weakness countless times before. There's no use trying to stop him now, he is starting to walk right into my trap."
____________________________________________________________________

Telma heard knocking on her Tavern door, "Go away, you filthy monsters!"

"It's no use", Shad cowardly hid in the corner as Ashei and Auru sat at the table in the back of the room. "We're all doomed."

Ashei slapped him upside the head, "No! Don't think like that! You're the smart one, use your head!"

"For what", Shad rubbed his head.

Ashei rolled her eyes, "Find out a way to lure the monsters away!"

"It's me", someone yelled form the other side of the door. "It's Link, I've brought some friends too."

Telma ran to the door and threw it open. "Link!" Telma screamed and hugged Link so hard he gasped for air.

"Let the boy breathe, Telma", Auru hurried to the doorway door way to greet Link.

Midna, Fi, and Daltos gingerly followed Link into the warm tavern. "Why are those women flying", Telma gasped as she spotted Fi and Midna. Her gaze fell on Daltos, "Hey, isn't he part of the council?"