Chapter Eight: The King of Light and Shadow

Daltos was outraged. His managed to lie to Link, and separated Link and Zelda for a while. But the two became lovers instead of of bitter enemies. His plan backfired...badly. To sum it up; he was screwed.

If Zelda was in the supreme power, she'd have the power to get rid of him and replace him. And Daltos didn't want to lose anymore power, not like he had a lot in the first place. But he wanted more.

He had a book in his lap and sat in library in his large estate. A few candles lit the  dark room as Lord Daltos flipped through the large book. The book's title was called The History of Hylia. It talked about Hyrule's history and mythology. Daltos knew that the Princess herself was the reincarnation of Hylia, so he looked through the book trying to find out what her weaknesses were.

Of course there was the welfare of her people, which was the reason she surrendered to the Twili King in the first place. Daltos found himself reading a passage about Demise, the powerful being who opposed Hylia and her Chosen Hero.

The passage read:

Due to his hatred for the Goddess and the Hero; Demise willed a curse to be cast upon them and himself. This curse of hatred made it that the Hero, Goddess, and The King of Evil would be reborn for eternity.

Demise was reincarnated as a beast by the name of Ganon. Every time he would attempt to take over Hyrule, he was stopped by the Hero and the Princess (also known as the reincarnations of the Hero and the Goddess). One lifetime, Ganon was reborn as a Gerudo man, who went by the name of Ganondorf. He created a friendship with the King of Hyrule, but Ganondorf's intentions included world domination and the capture of the complete Triforce. In other words treason to the Royal Family of Hyrule.

With the help of the Hero of Time and the Sages, the young Princess Zelda was able to put a stop to his plans. But, with the price of a timeline"split". The timeline that we live in is the Child Timeline. This is where the Hero of Time was sent back to his own time and Ganondorf was sealed in the Twilight Realm.

Demise's overall intentions are to use the power of a completed Triforce, and to conquer the Kingdom of Power. A lot of the times to attempt this, he would trust his power with one of his agents. When Hylia and the Hero were first reborn, Demise used the help of the Demon Lord, Ghirahim.

Lord Daltos stopped reading. Thousands of thoughts ran through his brain. But the main question he had was: if he wanted power, maybe he could become one of this Ganondorf's agents?

Daltos heard a rumor that's how the Twilight Invasion started. A Twili named Zant wanted power so badly that the King of Evil used Zant's desires to grant his own. But how can Daltos do the same?

"Simple."

"Who's there," Daltos quickly got up from chair and the book fell to the ground.

"Let me help you," The voice said.

Daltos was getting nervous now, "Where are you? Show yourself!"

The voice chuckled in a raspy voice, "I'm afraid I do not have the power at the moment to do just that. But I can tell you who I am."

"Then who are you?!" Lord Daltos screamed with fear and frustration.

"The King of Light and Shadow."