Chapter Twenty: Letting Go

Midna's portal teleported Link and herself into the dark caverns of Arbiters Grounds. "Do we really have to go through this dungeon again", Link groaned.

Midna shrugged, "I'm sorry, but I told you my power is limited at the moment. I'm not really sure how to get out of here when we do find Zelda."

"Okay, okay. Let's just hurry", Link said with determination.

Midna nodded her head, "Agreed. Let's get this thing over with."
____________________________________________________________________

The Mirror of Darkness was shattered. It had shattered to full fill it's dark purpose in reviving the self proclaimed King of Light and Shadow. Zelda slowly started to stand up, "Welcome back, Ganondork. I'd hate to break the bad news, but you are not welcome back in Hyrule after your previous reign of terror. You should go."

Ganondorf laughed, "And why would I do that, little princess?"

"Because I said so", Zelda said defiantly. "And as Queen of Hyrule I banish you to the darkest pit of the Dark Realm, where such evil belongs."

Ghirahim frowned, "Do we have to kill her, she's funny."

"Not that funny", Zant grumbled. "I say we kill her on the spot."

"Silence both of you!" Ganondorf bellowed. His scowl melted away when he turned back to Zelda, "I think that she can keep helping us, don't you think?"

Zelda's eyes narrowed, "What makes you think that I would help you?"

"That Hero of Twilight is quite a nuisance", Ganondorf started. "There is nothing more that I'd love for him to be gone from my worries...but maybe that's where you can help me. I do believe that he has grown fond of you?"

"Where is this going", Zelda asked, her words dripping with venom.

Ganondorf chuckled, "If you help us, I promise not to kill that little Hero of yours."

"If don't like it when people talk behind my back!" Someone yelled from the enterence of the Mirror Chamber. Zelda whipped around to see Link and Midna battle ready. The Queen of Hyrule smiled at Link and her old friend that she hadn't seen on what seemed ages. But of course Ganondorf and his friends had to ruin the reunion.

"All good things, all good things", Ganondorf smiled. "I was just worried that if I did become king you wouldn't fare that well, so I tried to strike a bargain with your good friend."

"Well I want to bargain with you as well", Link yelled. "GANONDORF, I HAVE COME TO BARGAIN!!"

Ganondorf just stared at Link as if he were crazy, "For my own reasons, I am so very glad you don't have the Ocorina of Time with you or else this confrontation would take forever."

Midna coughed, "It would be great if he did..."

"Let Zelda go and get yourself back to the Dark Realm and take your buddies with you too, they get on my nerves", Link commanded.

Ganondorf cackled, "That's not a bargain! What's in it for me?"

"You keep your life", Link shrugged.