Chapter Twenty-six: Power

"What a tear wrenching display, wouldn't you think?"

Zant and Ghirahim were close behind Ganondorf as they entered the room where Link, Zelda, and Midna stood by the body of their old friend, Lord Daltos. The trio stood in silence as they watched Ganondorf stride towards them. "But I have to admit that Lord Daltos was little less than a pawn in our game. Now is when we decide who will win our little game."

"I swear Ganondorf", Link growled, "You will pay. You will pay for everything!"

"Watch your tounge, boy", Zant retorted.

Link ignored Zant, "I've defeated you three before, and I can do it again!"

Ganondorf laughed, "You know so little, Link. When I was resurrected I got stronger than before. I do recall I've told you that the anguish of others feeds my power and makes me strong."

"Link has us", Zelda started. "With all three of us, we will defeat you."

"Make that four", Fi corrected as she left the Master Sword. She looked at Zelda and smiled, "It's nice to see you again, Your Grace."

"Wow", Zelda exclaimed. "Do I know you? You look very familiar. Wait....Fi?!"

"That's me", Fi replied.

"That rhymed", Midna noted. "I like rhymes. Hey, how about I make one right now? Once there was a guy named Zant, and he became an ant. I like that one the best!"

"Oh, be quiet. That didn't even make sense", Zant grumbled. He turned to Ganondorf, "Can we kill them now?"

"One moment", Ganondorf said. He looked at Zelda, "It's such a shame really. I thought you would make a good queen, Zelda."

"I already am", Zelda stood straighter.

"That's right, she is", Link replied. "Zelda's a better ruler than you'll ever be."

"We would of ruled together, Zelda and I", Ganondorf explained.

"No thank you", Zelda said quickly.

Link's grip tightened around the Master Sword, "Just another reason why I will end you, Ganondorf."

"I couldn't say it better, Link", Zelda smiled.

Link blushed, "Thanks, that means a lot to me. You know, since I'm not good with words."

"Do you think that you could really kill me?" Ganondorf growled. "I am immortal. I will come back to get my revenge, and you will never be able to escape it."

"I know we can't", Zelda admitted. "But we could delay it for quite some while."

"Is that a threat", Ghirahim said in an icy tone.

Midna spoke up, "Of course it is, you idiot!"

Ghirahim held up his right hand, "I'm not an idiot. I'm a fabulous idiot."

"You finally got that through your thick skull", Zant said underneath his breath.

Midna turned to Zant and sneered, "You. I can't believe I trusted you before. You were my friend, but you betrayed my trust for power. How dare you?!"

Zant remained speechless and just stared into Midna's furious, crimson eyes.

Ghirahim smirked, "You just got roasted, Zant--"

"Hush up", Zant cut him off.

"ENOUGH!" Ganondorf bellowed. "I've had enough of your nonsense."

Ganondorf turned to Link and growled, "I challenge you to one on one single combat! Yield when the other dies!"

Link gripped the Master Sword tightly in his hands, "I except."

Fi promptly went back into the Master Sword. Link started to advance towards Ganondorf but Zelda stopped him.

Zelda put her hand on Link's shoulder, "Please be careful."

Link smiled at her and lifted his hand to her face, "Always know all always be your hero."

"A hero that can turn into a wolf?" Zelda smiled.

"Exactly", Link chuckled. "And you'll always be my princess."

"A princess who was crowned a queen", Zelda corrected with a smile gracing her lips. "Now, go, fight, win."

"You got this", Midna pumped her fist into the air. "Be careful!"

Link nodded and turned back to Ganondorf who now held a massive, ghostly white sword in his right hand. The same sword that had been used to executed so long ago, the same one which had not killed him but gave him a new found hatred.

"Try to make this interesting, would you", Ganondorf told Link as Ghirahim and Zant stepped back from their master.

"Doesn't that sound familiar", Link replied.

With no warning, tall golden walls rose up around Link and Ganondorf. The only thing that kept Ganondorf from destroying the light, and the only thing that kept Link from Zelda.

Almost immediately Ganondorf charged towards Link, but Link was ready. Sword against sword clashed, and before they knew it they were fighting against each other's strength pressing against each other's swords.

Link's eyes widened. Ganondorf was even stronger than before. It took Link every ounce of strength to push Ganondorf off. The King of Light and Shadow smirked at Link's realization that he had gotten stronger.

Unfortunately for Ganondorf, he lacked experience that Link had. Link rolled behind him and thrust his blade into the King of Evil's side. Ganondorf cried out in pain, but nothing more than stumbled.

"You're off to a great start, Link", Zelda called from the other side of the barrier. While to the right side of the barrier stood Zant and Ghirahim cheering Ganondorf on.

Ganondorf started to advance towards Link with a new glint of malice in his yellow eyes. He swung his sword and caught Link off guard. Link skidded across the floor and the Master Sword flew from his grip.

"No!" Zelda screamed and banged her fists on the golden barrier. Ganondorf let the barriers fall, "I'm afraid that your hero is no more, Princess."

Zelda ignored Ganondorf's remarks and ran to Link's side with Midna not far behind her. "Link", Zelda said with tears running down her cheeks, "Please, open your eyes."