Chapter Twenty-five: The Trap

The group made their way through the dark dungeons of Hyrule Castle, in which Daltos wasn't familiar with at all. Lord Daltos jumped at all the shadows and rats that scurried here and there, while Midna laughed.

"They're more afraid of you than you are of them", Midna giggled.

Daltos looked at the Twilight Princess skeptically, "Mother used to tell me that all the time. It always resulted in me getting hurt."

Midna smirked, "It was because you were a little kid, Daltos. It's part of our nature as children to act like that."

Lord Daltos shrugged, "If you say so..."

Link was at the head of the group, "We're almost out of here, thank goodness."

"You could say that again", Midna sighed.
____________________________________________________________________

Ganondorf lurked around the hallways of Hyrule Castle with Zant and Ghirahim at his heels. "That so called Hero is almost where we want him", Ganondorf said triumphantly.

"Once he is where we want him", Ganondorf continued. "We will destroy him."

"Excellent plan", Zant complimented.

"Very excellent", Ghirahim echoed. "But what exactly is it...I forgot."

Ganondorf growled, "You'll see."

They got to the end of the hall to see a door who's lock was picked. Ganondorf laughed, "Looks like Zelda escaped. Perfect."

"Is that sarcasm", Zant asked.

"No", Ganondorf explained. "This is all part of the plan."

"What", Zant asked in a confused tone.

Ganondorf rolled his eyes and started down the hallway where he assumed Zelda went, "Follow me."
____________________________________________________________________

Link, Daltos, and Midna were out of the dungeons, wandering around Hyrule Castle in search of Zelda. "I hope she's okay", Midna lamented (pun intended).

"She is", Link said with confidence. "We just need to find her. Once we find her, we go after Ganondorf."

"Or should we go after Ganondorf first", Daltos suggested.

Link stopped walking and looked at Daltos, "Zelda first. Ganondork second. I want to make sure Zelda's okay, I refuse to forgive myself if she's hurt and I'm not there to help her."

Daltos nodded, "That is probably the wisest decision."

"But how do we find her", Midna asked.

That's when Fi decided to leave the safety of the Master Sword, "Master Link, may I remind you that there is a dowsing ability you could use on the Master Sword."

Link unsheathed the sword, "Wow, really? That's how we can find Zelda?"

"You've done it before, Master Link", Fi replied.

"Woah", Midna marveled. "What else can that sword do? Does it have a ring-tone or something?"

"Let's pretend you didn't say that", Link chuckled.