Chapter Twelve: Lanayru's Spring

In the light of a quarter moon, Link and Zelda set off for their journey. Earlier that day Zelda told the council that she was putting Auru in charge while she was gone, since Auru was the head of the council. Another reason was she trusted him most. To Zelda's suprise, Lord Daltos didn't make a fuss about how he thought he should be in charge. Strange...

Link led Zelda to the castle stables where Epona was. Epona nieghed and nudged Link playfully. Link rubbed her head, "How's it going, Epona?"

Epona stomped on the ground and nodded. "Wow", Zelda laughed, "Looks like you can still talk to animals."

"When I turn into my wolf form, Epona here tells me to turn back into a Hylian", Link smiled.

Zelda tilted her head, "How do you still turn into a wolf anyways?"

"Before Midna left", Link explained, "She gave me the Shadow Crystal, the thing that willed me to turn into my shadow form, or in other words a wolf."

Link hopped onto Epona and promptly pulled Zelda up. They decided that they needed to go to Lanayru's Spring first, since it was closer than the other springs. After that spring, they'd go to Ordon Village. The last place they would go to was Eldin's Spring. Link whooped and they were off.
____________________________________________________________________

It took eight hours to get to the Zora's Domain, where Link and Zelda were gladly welcomed by Prince Ralis. Link let Epona roam free, due to the fact he knew he could always use his horse whistle to get her to come back.

The Zora's throne room was on top of a large mountain that sat buythe shores of Lake Hylia. Prince Ralis led Link and Zelda into the spacious throne room that was full of Zora guards. At the end of the room was a large throne in front of the little spring that was the source of the magnificent waterfall that ran out from the throne room and fell off the side of the mountain.

"So, what brings you two here to Zora's Domain", Ralis hopped onto his throne and smiled.

"I'm aware you know what has happened to the Spirit Springs", Link asked the young Zora Prince.

Ralis' expression turned grim, "I'm afraid I have. Is that why you're here?"

"Exactly", Zelda nodded. "I'm not sure how long it will take, but we need to purify the springs again. So we're traveling around Hyrule for that reason."

"Hey", Ralis jumped off his throne, "Let me come with you to the Spring of Lanayru."

Link nodded, "I see no reason not to let you tag along."
____________________________________________________________________

The trio walked into the cavern where Lanayru's Spring was located. "Do you know what you're doing", Link asked Zelda as she walked to the edge of the water.

"Sort of", Zelda replied.

"I'm not sure if that's a convincing awnser", Ralis said nervously.

Link nodded, "I agree with Ralis on this one, Zelda."

"It's worth a try", Zelda shrugged. At first she hesitated, but was soon able to speak with the power and authority she did when Ganondorf attempted to kill her and Link, "Spirits of the Light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!"

As if on cue, Lanayru rose from his spring full of murky black water. Eldin, Faron, and Ordona appeared in a spectacular array of light. Link and Ralis shielded their eyes as the Four Light Spirits and Zelda were consumed by light. In an instant the Spirits disappeared except for Lanayru who floated in his now shimmering spring. Zelda stood still at the edge of the water, her eyes started to close and she started to fall over. But Link quickly caught her.

Link cradled an unconscious Zelda in his arms. "What's happened to her, will she be okay", Link asked urgently to the Light Spirit who stood before them.

"Her Grace just needs rest", Lanayru explained, "When we granted Zelda the Light Bow, she had your help with summoning us. Although, I'm not sure if you can still help her with handling the light we grant her, but practice makes perfect."

"That was interesting", Ralis said in suprise, "You guys are just going around casually summoning the Light Spirits?"

"Well there was the case with Ganondorf", Link told Prince Ralis. "And like I told you we are trying to bring the Spirit Springs back to their formal glory."

Zelda sleepily opened her eyes and looked up at Link, "This just escalated quickly."

Link laughed in relief, "You scared me to death, Zelda!"

"Now you know what to expect", Zelda managed a little smile. With the help of Link she sat up and looked up to the large Light Spirit. "I hope you're feeling better now", Zelda laughed.

"Much better", Lanayru replied.

"Who ruined your spring", Ralis asked Lanayru. "I mean, do you know who did it?"

"A man who had the influence of the King of Evil", Lanayru told the trio.

"What do you mean?! I killed him, like, a year ago", Link exploded in anger. "I don't think that he could survive the wound I gave him. It sounded like it hurt. I think he tried to sing when I gave him that."

"I don't think he was trying to sing, I think he was screaming", Zelda told Link.

"I think he would have a beautiful singing voice, I'd ask him to sing if we see him again. But I'm still mad at him about everything", Link joked.

"Anyways", Lanayru continued, "I sense that Ganondorf is doing everything in his power to conquer Hyrule. But, keep in mind he doesn't wield the Triforce of Power. So he'll be trying to get it back, which puts both you two in danger. I'm afraid our time grows short. Keep it up on your journey."

Lanayru disappeared into is spring. Zelda looked up at Link, "How long would it take to get to Ordon from here."

"At least a day's journey on horse back", Link replied. "But I'm not going to let you travel in this condition, Zelda."

Zelda was to exhausted to argue with Link, so she agreed.

Ralis offered to house them in the Zora's Domain until it was time to get back on the road again. Both the Hero and the Queen happily agreed.