Chapter Twenty-three: Darkness Falls

"We're doing what now?!"

Daltos stared bug eyed at Link, Midna, and Fi. "Sorry, what did you say again?"

"You heard us", Midna smirked. "There's a river in Lake Hylia that leads to Castle Town. From there we can get into Telma's and go through the dungeons of Hyrule Castle."

"It's the best plan we have that won't result in death", Fi agreed.

Link laughed, "You're not getting cold feet on us are you Daltos? Who's up for a little ride down the river?"

"At least let's rent a canoe or something", Daltos begged.

Fi flapped her wing like arms, "I cannot activate a canoe. I don't have any hands."

"Link is the only one that know how to use a canoe", Midna crossed her arms. "I'm afraid I can't, I'm too little at this particular moment..."

Daltos sighed, "Alright fine. I'm blaming it all on you guys if I die. How are we going to get to Lake Hylia."

"Currently we are in the Sacred Grove. It would take perhaps four days time to reach Lake Hylia", Fi explained.

"Midna", Link asked. "Do you think you could warp us?"

"I think my power is starting to come back to me", Midna said hopefully. "It's worth a shot."

"Is it safe", Daltos asked cautiously.

Midna smiled mischievously, "Of course it is... Now keep your arms in legs inside the portal at all times. Side effects maybe headache, nausea, and perhaps the loss of your sanity!"

Daltos' eyes widened in fear, "Pardon me?!"

"There is a 75% she is joking", Fi assured.

Midna giggled, "We shall see." She snaped her fingers and a portal opened at her feet, "Well, everyone hop in and hope for the best!"
____________________________________________________________________

The floor really looked nice today, at least that's what Zelda thought. She had been caught in the act of rebellion...again...by the same person. That person was Zant. Zelda now stood guilty in Hyrule Castle's throne room before a tyrant. She stubbornly glared at the floor, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

"What did you do this time", Ganondorf asked Zelda, who didn't make any sign that she heard him.

"She tried to sabotage the bulbin's bows and arrows", Zant awnsered for Zelda. "If the bulbins did try to use them they'd backfire on them, thanks to Zelda."

Zelda kept her hard gaze on the floor. She had felt frustrated ever since Hyrule had been took over. Zelda felt as if there was nothing she could do and she wanted to prove that thought wrong. The day before, she had snuck into the armory where the bulbins kept their weapons and cursed the bows to backfire. As Zelda was leaving the armory Zant was waiting for her and proved her gulity.

Zant held a bewitched bow in his hands to show it to Ganondorf. Ganondorf took it in his hands and examined the bow.

"You're starting to get more aggressive, aren't you Zelda?" Ganondorf cackled.