Your Parents Are Dead [1]

[A/N] - This is based after the last movie, The Deathly Hallows Part II. However, even though there were important characters that died in that movie, I wanted to bring some of them back, as I just didn't want to write a Harry Potter fanfiction without them. xD So for example, anyone like Snape or Fred Weasely. Sorry if that bothers anyone, me messing with the original plot, but this is a fanfiction, so... ^^

It has been awhile since I've actually properly watched Harry Potter, so excuse me if I get anything wrong. But anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

EDIT 19/05/23 - Originally spoke praise for JK Rowling before it turns out she was a terrible person lol. Just wanna say I can't stand the woman and this was written when she seemed like less of a bitch. So either enjoy it or don't lmao.

****

It was a new year at Hogwarts, a fresh start. Harry, Hermione and of course, Ron had been excited to go back to the Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It had felt like the Summer had just dragged on forever, every day feeling like they stretched on until the end of time.

Especially when Harry had to be under the same roof as the Dursleys for the entire break. Even still to this day, they had never cut him any slack. He was still a "good for nothing", he remembered Uncle Vernon saying that to him not that long ago. The raven haired boy was so thrilled to be out of that house for another semester.

Over the break, Wizards and Witches alike had been spending their time having Hogwarts rebuilt back to its usual standards, seeing as after the war between the students and teachers of Hogwarts, against Voldemort and his Death Eaters, the school had been destroyed in various places of the castle. Not to mention the bridge had been blown up by Neville Longbottom as a way to defeat some of the Death Eaters.

During that war, it was definitely an excruciating battle. One that may have had a happy ending, with the defeat of Voldemort, but seeing as there were still unavoidable casualties, it left Harry in a sleepless state with haunting nightmares for a lot of the summer. On the bright side, no one had died in vain. They all had something to fight and die for.

Being back on Platform nine and a three quarters again, just overwhelmed Harry with an extreme amount of nostalgia back to when he first travelled through that brick wall, seeing the Hogwarts train for the first time. Except this time, there wasn't really any deadly threat from the Dark Lord as he was no longer around. And as far as any Wizard or Witch knew, there wasn't any way of him returning. With the horcruxes destroyed, he was gone.

The first year students were definitely excited, already waving off to their parents as they were ready to start their first year at Hogwarts. Harry could remember his first day like it was yesterday, and he had met some of the most important people that he'd cherish for as long as he lived.

Of course, first year wasn't all fun and dandy, because he also had the misfortune of coming face to face with a Slytherin boy, Draco Malfoy, along with some of his pathetic minions he called friends. Harry and Draco had been rivals ever since that very first year, always arguing and mocking each other. The Boy Who Lived still couldn't believe how much of a coward Draco had been in the last moments of the war. He wasn't even grateful enough to thank Harry for saving his life.

Then again, this was Draco Malfoy. All he ever did, and all he ever became known for was just running away from things and starting things he couldn't finish. It was just the Malfoy way.

After having to travel on the train, as it came to a stop, many students began filing off, being directed as where to go by Hagrid once more. Harry decided to start on his way after many other students, following them to where they would take the carriages to Hogwarts. Walking along, minding his own business, his mind kind of just went places as he didn't really take much notice to the scenery around him. Before he knew it, an excitable Hermione practically pounced on him from behind, causing him to let out a loud yelp of confusion. A couple of students ahead of the two turned around to stare at them in wonder, before continuing to the carriages. Harry had a look on his face as if he was ready to have a freak out, while Hermione gave him an apologetic smile.

"Geez, Hermione! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Harry cried, holding his hand over his chest. The girl with the long hair let out a small giggle, putting her hand to her mouth as she spoke.

"Sorry..." She apologised, as they started putting one foot in front of the other, walking side by side.

"Where's Ron?" Harry wondered, after he had caught his breath from the whole jumpscare ordeal. As if on queue, the pair heard someone clear their throat behind them, once again putting them at a stop as they went to look for the source of the sound, that being, Ronald Weasley.

"Oh, hey, Ron!" Harry waved, a small smile forming on his face when he saw the ginger haired boy walking towards them.

"Yeah, I am here too." Ron spat, before his face formed into a small grin as he linked arms with his girlfriend. "But hey Harry, hey Hermione." 

"Hey, Ron." Hermione smiled, giving her boyfriend a light kiss on the cheek, cheerful to see him.

"I can't believe the summer break is over already." Ron spoke as they started moving. "Feels like just yesterday that whole war ended and we had to go home."

"Yeah, well... I'm glad it's over. Let me tell you, it's not much fun spending an entire summer with my aunt and uncle. And especially my cousin." The raven haired boy exhaled, shifting the bag on his shoulder around so that it sat properly on his shoulder once more.

"I'm sorry that we didn't hang out this summer, Harry. We'll definitely have to arrange something before the end of this school year." Hermione said. Harry nodded, agreeing with that idea. The group happily chatted, almost near the carriages now. However, to interrupt all the fun between the trio who were enjoying themselves with the reunion, it had to be ruined by that blonde Slytherin, Draco Malfoy.

Just as they were in close distance to get onto one of the carriages, Draco ended up catching up with the three, also with two of his friends from the same house, Slytherin. Like any other time, he smiled a huge smug smirk as he went to spit insults at the group.

"Well, well, well..." Draco started, catching all of their attention at once. They turned to look at him, glaring at him with annoyance. "It seems that you're still attending Hogwarts." Draco said, eyeing Harry with a grin. "I would have thought after last year you would have ran away by now, that you wouldn't have come back." His two idiotic friends laughed alongside him, despite his best attempts at trying to get to Harry not being that great. All the boy with the glasses did was let out a small "hmpf" as he went to reply.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that to you? Considering what you and your father were apart of during the war, and what side you were on. You just ran away, like the coward you are. It surprises me that YOU even came back at all." Harry answered, a confident grin on his face as the smirk slipped right off Draco's. His brows furrowed, and his teeth gritted together in a pure look of irritation, obvious that Harry had definitely hit a nerve. However, he wasn't going to let the Gryffindor boy beat him, as he spat an insult right back at him.

"Oh, right. But at least I actually have parents, Scarface! Yours are dead!" Draco snapped, his words like venom, sounding like he had meant every bit of what he had said. At that moment, Harry's fists balled up in anger, the thought of Draco bringing up his dead parents, to use that against them, it definitely hurt. It just made him want to smack that brand new smirk right off his face. 

Right when it looked like Harry was ready to lunge for the boy in the green tie, Hermione and Ron quickly held him back, Draco flinching in surprise, definitely not expecting Harry to lash out at him like that. Then again, it wouldn't have been the first time that Harry had practically tried to rip his face off, so he shouldn't have been so surprised. Feeling triumphant,  Draco let out a small chuckle, stepping away to go over to his own carriage with his friends. Harry stared after him, his pools of green glaring at him like they were on fire. With a frown upon her face, Hermione gave Harry's arm a reassuring squeeze as she and Ron tried to redirect him onto the carriage they were standing near.

"Take no notice of him, Harry." Ron muttered, as they stepped up onto it.

"Yeah, you know what he's like." Hermione agreed. Harry said nothing, he just stared at his knees as he felt an overwhelming sense of darkness just sit at the pit of his stomach. He hated how Draco could just make him feel like this with just a few words and he wouldn't even feel any remorse for it. It was the worst.  

"Yeah, I know..." Harry managed to speak, his eyes trailing elsewhere as the carriage began to move, taking the three on their way back to Hogwarts.