Falling For You? [4]

One class after another. Draco was so thankful when it had come to break time, and he could finally just relax out in the tree, where there was so much greenery and it was just near one of the open hallways of the school. So far the day had been a bore, and he was hoping to make it somewhat entertaining. However, he had a problem. During one of the class periods, he lost Harry who had wondered off somewhere. So, he was unable to follow him, meaning he had no idea where he was and he wasn't able to make fun of him for his own amusement.

Draco watched as many students passed to and fro, going about their daily lives of school, just socialising among each other about different things. He could hear his friends standing next to the tree, also just conversing about other subjects that he didn't really care for. Right now, he was sort of in his own world, keeping a careful eye out for that raven hair and those round glasses.

With luck on his side, Draco's eyes caught the sight of that very boy, just leaving the hallway and coming out into the open on the bright green grass. However, he wasn't alone. He was actually walking hand in hand with that Weasley girl, Ginny. Ronald Weasley's sister. Draco's brow creased as a frown fell upon his face, as he felt a strange pang of dread and sadness in his chest, but he firmly pushed it away, ignoring it as if it had never been thrown upon him.

To be completely honest, Draco had no idea what Harry saw in that girl. It's not like she was brave, or even pretty for that matter. She was pretty much a nobody, who Harry had no reason to really fall in love with. Yet, here he was, walking next to her, laughing and chatting like they were two lovebirds in their own world. Though, Draco didn't know why he was acting like he cared. If Harry wanted to go for boring, plain girls such as Ginny Weasley, then he could do what he liked. Draco was glad that Harry wasn't going to be completely happy, that he had to settle on a girl like her.

Jumping down from the spot in the tree, Draco began to walk with a smug swagger, coming to rain down on their parade with his friends in tow. The moment he had come into view, Harry instantly locked eyes with him, narrowing them in anger as he knew what was coming. For some reason, that angry look made Draco's smirk falter by the slightest bit, but he simply fixed it in a hurry, not going to wonder why that glare made him hesitate for a split second.

"If it isn't Potter and his girlfriend?" Draco mocked, his friends all grinning and laughing behind him. 

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry said, clearly annoyed that Draco had to interrupt their conversation. 

"Oh, you know. Just seeing what you two are up to."

"Why don't you clear off, Malfoy?" Ginny spat, speaking for the first time in this conversation. Draco instantly stared daggers at her the moment those words had come from her mouth.

"Why don't you shut up? You're nothing but a pathetic Weasley, just like your brothers." 

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy! Leave her alone you git!" Harry barked, walking right up to Draco and giving him a small shove. Again, the look on Draco's face vanished for a split second, when he had Harry standing right before him, pushing him in the chest. He opened his mouth to argue, to say something back, but for some reason his brain seemed to malfunction, his smart remarks not coming to him like they usually tended to in this situation.

"Come on, Ginny. Let's go elsewhere where we won't be around them." Harry rolled his eyes, once again linking hands with Ginny to walk off with her. Draco stood, frozen on the spot as he watched the pair begin to put one step in front of the other, walking across the grass. Before Harry was out of sight, Draco decided to say one final thing that came to mind.

"Look who walks away now, Potter!" Draco shouted, earning a few looks from other students who stared at him with an eyebrow raised. His eyes slowly trailed to the ground, as he had thought about what had happened in the last minute or so.

Why did he suddenly freeze up like that, not able to say anything? It was almost as if he suddenly felt guilty for trying to start a fight with Harry like that. To try and get in the way of him and his girlfriend like that. But it just wasn't possible, Draco hated him. He knew he did. There is no way in hell that he would even feel a second of remorse for The Chosen One, not when he still treated Draco like he was nothing but a coward, when really he was far from the truth.

"How come you just let him get away, Draco?" One of his friends questioned, causing him to furrow his brows  and turn to look at them with fire in his eyes.

"Shut up!" He spat, turning away again as he let out an exhale of air. It was weird, and he really needed to clear his head. He needed some alone time. "I'm just... Going to go somewhere else. Leave me alone for a bit." He demanded, before going to pick his bag up from beside the tree and he made his way to the library.

Upon arriving to the library, the Slytherin student saw many other students in there, reading books and just generally studying things for classes that they had to attend. Draco found an empty spot somewhere in the corner of the library, so seeing as no one else was there, he sat there alone, listening to all the sounds around him.

Of course, because of his luck, Harry and Ginny had to come into the same place as him. He spotted the two, looking at some books together as they still continued to hold hands. Draco watched them closely, diving into his own thoughts as he was just so confused. Why had Harry bothered him so much back there?

Every time he saw The Boy Who Lived hanging out with that Weasley, he felt an unknown feeling overwhelm his body and mind. Something that he had never once felt when coming into contact with the couple. So, why were things suddenly different now? Draco didn't believe he saw Harry any differently. He was still that same boy, the one who got all the attention. The one who had those bright green shining eyes and raven coloured hair. The one who had a voice that really drew you in when he spoke to you. He had the most perfect smile, with perfect teeth and lips.

Was Draco really thinking all of these things? Were they actual thoughts in his own brain? They couldn't be, right? How would that make any sense? Why would he feel different towards Harry...? How long had he felt like this? Did he know this for ages and just not actually know? Like it was stored away in the back of his brain and he just never really thought about it?

He did remember wanting to help Harry at least once during the war. When he had thought he was dead, only for him to actually still be alive, Draco wanted to toss him a wand in his favour, to assist him. However, there had still been that whole problem of worrying about his family. Worrying that if he had helped Harry in the slightest, Voldemort would have killed him and his parents.

It was the fact that Harry didn't understand, yet he acted like he did. Like he knew exactly what kind of person Draco was. But he didn't know at all. Maybe this is why he acted like he hated Harry so much. He only wanted him to know the truth... 

He couldn't believe it... Was he really falling for Harry Potter?