Breaking The Rules [16]

It was the last lesson, and Draco was really hoping that time would just hurry up so he could practically tackle Harry in the hallway, getting him alone to talk to him in private. You see, he had an idea to finally get to hang out with Harry, it just being the two of them. Sadly for him, and perhaps everyone else, class felt like it was dragging on forever. Especially since Snape always tended to drag out all his sentences, taking an eternity to even finish them.

To Draco's relief, they were dismissed at the end of the lesson, allowing everyone to leave to go back to their common rooms. Draco looked across to Harry, who looked like he was ready to leave with Hermione. Just as they were about to walk out the door and down the hall, Draco quickly grabbed Harry by his non broken arm, catching him a little off guard. However, Draco just told him to be quiet as he dragged Harry away from an oblivious Hermione who hadn't even noticed his departure after running into Ron.

Pulling Harry along, they finally came to a stop when they were out of earshot of any friends that could be listening in. Harry rose an eyebrow, confused as to what Draco was up to, and why he seemed like he so badly wanted to talk to him. 

"Geez, Draco. What is it? You scared the living heck out of me back there." Harry commented, earning a small sheepish smile from Draco in return. 

"Sorry." He apologised. "Listen, I wanted to ask you something." 

"Huh?" Harry frowned. "About what? What's up?" 

"I... Uh..." Draco thought for a moment, pausing as he went to scratch the back of his bleach blonde hair, suddenly feeling weird and nervous about talking to him. Why was he getting weird, again, he was just asking to hang out with his friend. It wasn't like a date or anything. It was not a date.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with me tonight." Draco said.

"Tonight? But uh, Draco, we have to go back to our dorms?" 

"So?" Draco shrugged, flashing Harry a devilish grin. Harry bit his lip, not seeming so ecstatic about the idea of sneaking out at night. Draco rolled his eyes, playfully hitting him in the arm. "Hey, come on. It's not like you've never sneaked out at night before." 

"That's different." Harry answered. Again, Draco gave him a look that looked somewhat sceptical. "I always sneak out for important reasons, not just to mess around and do what I want." 

"Oh come on, it'll be fun. It's not like we ever get the free time to hang out any other time. So please, please can you just meet up with me tonight? Just tonight?" Draco begged. The Boy Who Lived stood staring back at this boy, wondering what to say. It's not that he wouldn't have liked to hang out with Draco. It was just the danger of getting caught, or his friends finding out and getting even angrier at him because he was secretly meeting up with Draco. He just wanted some peace and quiet for once.

Then again, it was their final year. So, maybe it wouldn't really be all that bad if they did get in trouble for sneaking around the school grounds at night. The worst they could possibly get was like an hours detention, right? Besides, it wouldn't be easy for anyone to find them if he just took his invisibility cloak.

"Ugh, alright. Fine, I'll meet up with you. Where do you want to meet?" 

"Hmm..." Draco paused, placing a hand on his chin as he thought about it. "Tell you what, meet me in the courtyard in a hour. I'll see you there, alright?" 

"Aren't you worried about getting caught? A teacher might see you." 

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Draco grinned, giving the boy with a scar on his forehead a small wink, before waving him off. "Well, off you go then. You don't want to be late getting back. I'll see you later." He finished, before walking off and leaving Harry standing in complete confusion. Why did he so badly want to meet up? It was like Draco had some weird sudden obsession with Harry. Well, whatever the reason, Harry was going to go. He just hoped he wasn't going to get caught.

****

Sitting around in the courtyard, the blonde haired boy kept a careful watch, making sure that no teachers were around, currently watching around for students who were not in bed. Luckily, no teachers had been spotted so far, but Draco was really hoping Harry would show up soon, otherwise it would probably be inevitable that a teacher was going to show up at some point.

What caught Draco's attention, was the fact that he could hear the light sound of tapping against the hard, cool stones which lay in the ground. Draco stared out into the dark, narrowing his eyes as he tried to spot the source of the sound. It wasn't long before Draco saw Harry's face emerge in front of him, his whole body remaining completely invisible as the cloak still laid wrapped around his torso.

"Hey." Harry spoke, flashing Draco a smile. He smiled in return, stepping up off the wall that he had been sitting on.

"Hey." Draco replied. "You got here okay?"

"Just barely. You do realise there are teachers wondering the halls right now?"

"Oh well. They won't even notice we're gone." Draco chuckled, turning around to grab something from behind him. Harry watched, trying to see from over Draco's shoulder, before he firmly turned back around, revealing none other than a broomstick in his hand. Harry rose a brow, not knowing what he was up to.

"Okay...? So, why have you got a broom?" 

"I was thinking we could fly around for a bit." Draco suggested, Harry hung his mouth agape.

"Uh, are you for real? At night, really? And uh, we kind of have a bit of a problem. My arm is still broken." Harry said, Draco let out a small laugh, as he held out the broom to Harry. 

"Just take it a sec." 

"What? Why?" 

"Just do it, Harry." 

Exhaling and rolling his eyes, Harry dropped his cloak off of himself, stuffing it into a backpack that he had decided to bring with him. Then, with his other hand, he took the broomstick from Malfoy, mounting himself onto it and he stood there, waiting expectantly for Draco to take out another broom. But, to his surprise, he saw Draco step around him and before he knew it, Draco put his arms around Harry's waist, placing both his hands upon the broomstick. 

"What the hell, Draco?" 

"Hey, did you really expect me to just let you fly on your own? You have a broken arm, you stupid git." Draco said, before chuckling and kicking his feet off the ground to get them up into the air. 

Honestly, Harry had only tried riding a broom with two people on it at once one time. And that was when he had once saved Draco's life. At the time, he didn't really think it would work and thought they'd be too heavy. But of course it did and they actually begin to float off into the air, hovering higher and higher until Draco was satisfied and the broomstick began to race forward with them on it, passing through the air.

Harry couldn't really see Draco's face, but he could tell from the continuous sounds of laughter that he was actually enjoying himself. It kind of made Harry happy to hear that for once Draco was actually laughing, and that he was actually having some fun, rather than getting up to nothing but sabotage and mischief. 

So, allowing Draco to enjoy himself, Harry just stared around him as he flew from left to right, round and round, while holding tightly onto the broomstick. Smiling, he actually found himself having fun too. He was glad that he had decided to come out here, rather than lying in bed and sleeping. 

Maybe sometimes breaking the rules wasn't all that bad.