Can't Deny It [26]

Draco or Ginny... How exactly was Harry supposed to choose between two people who were good people to him? It was practically an impossible choice.

Harry was standing on the bridge, staring down at the scenery and winding water far down below. He sighed, his mind filled with stressful thoughts. It had been a couple of days since he had had that conversation with Draco and the twins in the bathroom, and Harry hadn't really spoken to the blonde haired Slytherin since. There were times in classes when he had caught Malfoy staring, but the moment he did he simply looked away as if he had never been watching to begin with. He could tell he was waiting for his answer. And he knew Draco was likely just as unsettled as he was, knowing that he might choose Ginny.

Ginny was an amazing girl though, who couldn't like her? Ever since Harry and her had gotten together, she had really been wanting to look out for him. No, even before that she obviously deeply cared about what happened to him. Surely it wasn't like Draco said, that she was only with him because he was the "chosen one". Besides, not only did she have a great personality, but she had that luscious ginger hair, nice eyes and an adorable smile.

And then there was Draco. They may had been at each other's throats for years and years, but when he got to learn who that boy underneath the disguise was, he learnt that he wasn't the foul git that he thought he was. He was a nice guy, he had his moments of being charming and even sweet. He had a nice smile too. And perfect bleach blonde hair. Not to mention grayish eyes that felt like when he stared into them, perhaps he could get lost in some kind of deeper story.

He exhaled to himself in exasperation. This was just too hard. They were both great people. The problem was that Harry didn't know who he felt more for. There were things holding him back from breaking things off on both sides.

If he broke up with Ginny, he knew he'd probably never hear the end of it from Ron. He'd likely hate him after that, and he'd end up losing his best friend because he chose Draco over Ginny. And it wasn't like Ron and Draco exactly saw eye to eye.

Hermione would be so disappointed in him for breaking Ginny's heart. She'd probably give Draco an earful for "getting in the way of their relationship". Which Harry had to admit, was Draco's fault to a point. Had he not kissed him he wouldn't be in this mess. However, part of him couldn't really blame him for not wanting to keep those feelings inside.

On the other hand, if he chose Ginny, he'd likely lose Draco. He didn't want that. Now that Draco was his friend, the last thing he wanted was for him to become his enemy again.

Though... Hang on, what was it that the twins said to him in the bathroom the other day? That Ginny hadn't really seemed on his mind as of lately. That was a true fact. Ever since befriending Draco, Ginny had been all the way at the back of his mind. He hadn't even been thinking about her in the slightest. Even now when he stood in her presence, being all lovey dovey, that still felt wrong. Like the feelings just weren't there anymore...

Maybe he didn't love Ginny anymore. Just thinking that made him feel extremely guilty. He didn't mean it in a spiteful way. Like he had thought before, Ginny is an amazing girl. Who clearly deserved much better than him... He was going to have to break up with her, wasn't he? The last thing he'd want to do is to keep leading her on. Besides, it wasn't like he could really force himself to be in a relationship he didn't really want to be in anymore.

"I'm sorry, Ginny..." Harry murmured under his breath in guilt. For a moment it was silent, until he jumped at the sound of someone's voice.

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" A female voice spoke, and to Harry's horror when he turned to look, it was Ginny.

"Uh..." Harry opened his mouth to speak, as his whole mouth had gone dry. "We need to talk..."

****

Well, that could have gone better. It was exactly as he had feared. He calmly and kindly tried to tell Ginny that he wanted to break up, but still wanted to remain friends. But she had burst into tears and rushed back the way she came. No doubt, Ron was going to despise him.

"That didn't look pretty." A Slytherin boy spoke beside him on the bridge. Harry hadn't even noticed he was there as he had been so lost in his thoughts.

"You think?" Harry growled at him before he sighed for the millionth time. "Are you satisfied? I ended up breaking up with her." He admitted with a frown. Draco said nothing, but just stared forward. "I'm sorry..." Harry said after a moment, catching Draco off guard. "I shouldn't be getting angry at you. It's... It's also my fault for feeling the way I do."

"What do you mean?" Draco questioned.

"I mean... That kiss made me realise a lot. Truthfully... I think I've always felt this way for you, Draco. I just never really knew it because we were constantly at each other's necks all the time." Harry admitted.

"Yeah, I thought the same." Draco answered. "When I first started feeling the way I did... I didn't want to believe it. Because I thought we were just supposed to hate each other." Draco paused. "Harry...? Can... Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"If... If your friends get mad about you breaking up with that Weasley girl, and they don't want me to be with you... You won't abandon me, will you?" Draco muttered. At Harry's confused expression, he continued. "I'm used to people leaving me, or hating me, and thinking I'm nothing but a big disappointment. I'm afraid that maybe you'll hate me again too, and then we'll go back to fighting again."

"That's not going to happen." Harry said, going to put his hand on top of Draco's which was resting on the railing of the bridge. Draco jumped slightly when he gripped his hand, but then he managed a small smile towards the raven haired boy. "I do care. More than I've ever cared to admit. I couldn't force myself to be with Ginny. It wasn't fair on her, it wasn't fair on me. And it wasn't fair on you."

"Potter..." Draco smiled as he looked down and bit down on his bottom lip. "Well, I hope you don't regret choosing to put up with someone like me." Draco joked, which earned a small laugh from Harry.

With that said, Draco decided to lean in for a kiss, meeting his lips with Harry's as he closed his eyes. And while Harry was a little hesitant at first, he fluttered his own eyes closed, kissing him in return.

He couldn't deny the way he felt about Draco Malfoy.