Halloween [21]

"I didn't think you'd bring them along too..." Draco muttered under his breath, as he and Harry were trailing down the path, on their way to Hagrid's with Hermione and Ron following a couple of steps behind.

Honestly, since making the plans to hang out on Halloween, Draco was so happy it was only going to be the two of them, besides Hagrid of course. But then at last minute, Harry went to him, telling him he had invited his two friends along too. It was just infuriating that he was going to have to put up with Weasley and Granger, not to mention the fact that Hermione was aware of Draco's secret feelings for Harry. It wouldn't surprise the Slytherin if she went out of her own way to make sure that they were never alone together during that night.

Not that Hermione needed to be such a try hard, Draco had no plans on making any moves on Harry tonight. He didn't want to be that guy, he hated continuously being viewed as the villain. It wasn't fair.

"It won't be that bad. Ron and Hermione are great, really." Harry reassured him with a small smile, sending a slight chill right through Draco's spine as he grinned in return.

"Is Draco complaining?" Ron called from just behind them, evident he had heard their conversation. "You know, I don't really like hanging out with you either. But Harry's also our friend, and there is no reason why you should be the only one to cling to him like you're his bloody boyfriend or something."

"That's enough, Ronald." Hermione spoke as she nervously cleared her throat, looking at Draco for a split second who glared right through her. Harry rolled his eyes, continuing onwards towards Hagrid's hut as the two Gryffindors and the Slytherin fell behind in a trio.

"You told Weasley?!" Draco hissed, his teeth gritting together in annoyance. However, Ron simply rose a brow, genuinely seeming oblivious to what he meant.

"Well, he's my boyfriend! Who else am I supposed to talk to it about other than Harry?!" Hermione snapped back.

"Besides, why the bloody hell do you even have a crush on Harry? It's like you two were fated to be enemies and then.... What?"

"It's nothing to do with you, Weasley." Draco spat. "Just keep you and your nose out of it." He finished, before picking up his pace to catch up with Harry. Ron glanced to Hermione, looking confused as she avoided his eye contact, not wanting the conversation to escalate any further.

Draco had just caught up with Harry when he was bringing his fist to bang on the wooden door. There was a short pause as the small group waited outside, waiting for their giant friend to open the door and allow them in. Inside, there was the sound of quite heavy footsteps, bounding towards them and eventually, the door was slowly swung open, revealing just who they were there for: Rubeus Hagrid. 

"Oh! Well, hello ye three and... Draco?" He glanced at the blonde, surprised to see him with the group who also then gazed his way, before shifting their eyes back to the giant. "What can I do for ya then? It's gettin' a little late for you to be out 'ere ain't it?" 

"Well, it's Halloween." Harry spoke. 

"What?" Hagrid rose a brow. "It's Halloween and you lot came to me? What is that s'posed to mean?"

"No, not like that, Hagrid." Harry chuckled, Hermione and Ron smiling along with him, while Draco just sort of silently stood there, not really knowing what to say. "You see, we wanted to do something different this year, seeing as it's our last year at Hogwarts." 

"Oh... I see... What did you kids have in mind then?"

"Well, Draco over here for some reason wanted to have a walk through the forbidden forest." Ron mumbled, glaring at Draco who stared daggers back his way. There was an awkward pause before Hagrid nodded a little, taking in this information given to him by Ronald.

"Well, a'right then. Let's do that."

"What, seriously?" Hermione spoke, surprised. Ron instantly looked terrified, the thought of going into that dark forest for what must have been the third or fourth time by now, it scared him to death.

"We're actually gonna go in there?! I thought you guys were joking!" Ron cried.

"Oh, don't be such a baby, Weasley. What's the matter, you scared of the dark?" Draco taunted, as Hagrid went back in to grab a lamp to carry with him, while his dog, Fang bounded outside for the group, waiting with them to go on their journey through the forest.

"Oh, piss off, Malfoy." Ron spat. 

"Oi! Watch the language, Ron." Hagrid shook his head, closing the door as he arrived outside once more, carrying a lamp in his hand. "Ya see, I already had plans to have a walk through myself to check things. So, if you kids are still comin'..."

"Right behind you, Hagrid." Harry replied with a nod. Hagrid nodded in return and began to walk, the students trudging behind, Draco and Harry leading in a pair while Hermione and Ron dropped behind, looks of worry on their faces as they really did not like the way this was going.

After what felt like a lot of walking, they were probably quite deep into the mess of trees now. Not to the point that they wouldn't be able to find their way back, but it'd definitely be quite a walk to get back. It had gotten a lot darker since they had left, and Ronald was looking around with every chance he got, the feeling of paranoia really not making things any easier.

"Ya know, I remember when we walked through here when you were all first years. So young, you were, didn't get along either, with Draco here I mean. But it's good to see that you guys are tryin' to be civil I suppose." 

"Yeah well, a quiet year at Hogwarts for once, right?" Harry joked, earning a small chuckle from Hagrid in response.

"Yeah well, with you-know-who gone, I think your last year will be quite a quiet one. So, enjoy the peace while you can, you lot. Cause anything could happen over the span of a year." 

Frowning, the others all glanced at each other, a small sense of unease falling upon them as he said that. Whatever he had meant, they did not know. It's not like anything could really get out of hand with Voldemort gone, right? The Ministry of Magic were keeping a close eye on anything related to dark magic, to make sure he wouldn't return once more, and that no one was going to try and resurrect him. No one would dare, unless they wanted to spend the rest of their lives getting their souls sucked out by Dementors in Azkaban. 

Well, whatever the case, it had been a pretty good Halloween, rather than just spending time lazing around in their dorms. Harry really felt like it was going to be a good year.