Not A Date [15]

Luckily for Harry, he didn't have to spend loads and loads of time just sitting in a bed, doing nothing as people tended to him. He simply had his arm wrapped in bandages, along with having it hung in a sling and he was free to go about the rest of his day. The only problem that he would have for awhile is riding a broomstick. He could always try to just fly, holding onto the stick with just one hand. But that was kind of a risky move, he'd probably only fall off and injure himself more than he already had in that game.

Speaking of which, he hadn't seen Draco since he randomly disappeared after visiting him earlier that day. He seemed like he wanted to be there at first, but then Harry must have stopped paying attention and didn't even notice he was gone until after Ginny, Hermione and Ron left. He was so mysterious, always seemed like he was on his own. Obviously, he wasn't one for expressing how he felt, but Harry wished he would open up a little more, rather than just going off and sulking by himself, or whatever he went to do with his spare time.

Entering the Great Hall for lunch, Harry could see his friends, sitting at their usual table already getting started on eating food. Well, Ron was stuffing his face, Neville was enjoying his meal, the twins were eating and talking, Ginny was conversing with some of her own friends and Hermione was just simply sitting there, picking at her food while trying to study a book at the same time. Putting one foot in front of the other, Harry's eyes went over to the Slytherin table. A place his eyes tended to wonder to a lot more often nowadays in search for Draco Malfoy.

It was weird. Back when they were enemies, he never found himself glancing over to the Slytherin table so often. Sure, maybe from time to time he had kept an eye on Draco, wondering what he was up to. These days it was like he searched for him with every chance he got, whenever he knew he'd be likely to run into him, he looked around, hopeful that maybe he would just see that blonde streak of hair and those calm two eyes. 

Sitting at the table, he gave his friends a small wave, only picking a few things to eat from the buffet placed upon the brown surface before them. He wasn't exactly hungry, not having the biggest appetite right now. Instead, as he nibbled on his food, his eyes lazily trailed to the ceiling above as he got lost in thought, not really thinking about anything in particular.  

****

Draco came late to lunch, sliding into one of the seats beside Pansy without explanation. After that little run in he had had with Hermione, he had decided to go his separate way for a bit, just to clear his head. He still couldn't believe that Granger had stopped him in the hall just to give him a warning, telling him not to get in the way of Harry and Ginny. Why would he even do such a thing? 

Resting his chin in the open palm of his hand, Draco stared across the Great Hall, looking at where Harry was sitting, wondering what he was up to. Just like him, he didn't really seem to be eating a whole lot. Not only that, but Harry's eyes were stuck to the ceiling, with a thoughtful look on his face as he took small bites out of the things he was eating. Draco slightly rose his brows, slowly looking up at the ceiling with minimum effort, before looking over to Harry again.

The ceiling in the Great Hall usually tended to be bewitched to look like the night sky, at least, that was the most common look it had. In the ceiling there were so many small, glowing stars that seemed to shine together in the darkness. In some areas of the blackness, there were just clusters and clusters of stars, looking like many different patterns and shapes. It made Draco wonder, was Harry the type of guy who would like to just sit, stare at the sky for a few hours and just talk about things. Like life in general? 

After all, it had been such a long time since Draco had actually gotten the chance to properly talk to anyone. To just sit down, talk about himself. Who he was and what he liked to do with his time, rather than pretending to be  that fake persona he had set for himself for several years, due to not wanting to disappoint his father. But nowadays, upsetting his dad was something that was more at the back of his mind than it was anywhere near the front. After all, with Voldemort gone, there wasn't anything for Draco to do. And if Lucius was ever caught trying to find a way to resurrect the Dark Lord, he'd be put in Azkaban for sure. He was lucky enough not to be sent straight there after the war.

As he thought about that, it actually made an idea pop into his head. It was kind of a risky one at that, but it was a way for Draco to finally get him and Harry alone, to just have it be the two of them so for once they could actually have the time to get to know each other, without his friends interfering. And no, it wasn't like it was going to be a "date" or anything, or something to try and get Harry to fall in love with him. Draco was well aware that Harry was in love with Ginny, and it's not like any smooth talk from some pretty boy was going to change that.

Besides, the last thing he wanted was having a spell shot into his face by Hermione, or another punch to the nose which could probably snap it in half this time. It was just a friendly gesture, that's all it was. One to get things rolling and for them to finally begin their long wanted friendship.