Torment [2]

'Stupid Potter...' Draco had thought to himself, after a long journey all the way to Hogwarts.

His mind had been making him think about Harry all the way there, making him narrow his eyes and clench his teeth in frustration. He absolutely hated him! He was nothing but an infuriating boy who thought he knew everything. Potter assumed he understood why Draco did what he had to do, why he did what he did. Assuming that Draco was nothing but a bad person, a coward who just ran away because, well, he could.

But that damn idiot didn't know a thing!

During the war, last year at Hogwarts school, Draco had no choice but to be on the same side as the Death Eaters. It's not that he enjoyed what he was doing, or that he even WANTED to do the things he was pushed into. For example, having to kill Dumbledore, he couldn't bring himself to do that. Or ratting out the identity of Harry, when his face was all messed up, he pretended as if he didn't know it was him. All because he just didn't want to hurt anyone, and he wanted to protect himself and his family. If he had done otherwise, he probably would have been dead by now, lying in a street corner somewhere along with his mother and father.

However, now that Voldemort was gone, there wasn't really any reason to be afraid anymore. To feel like he had to do as he was told, because there was nothing that threatened his life if he did his own thing. He was free now, no longer being Voldemort's slave. No longer having to please his father to become the next Dark Lord. Finally, he could just get on with his final year at school, not having to deal with all the havoc of life and/or death situations.

Eventually, the carriages came to a stop, meaning they had to all climb out and continue on to the Hogwarts castle. Draco picked up his bag, lifting it up over his shoulder as he jumped down onto the ground, his two friends, Blaise and Pansy following along with him. Pushing past many other students as if they owned the place, the trio continued to travel to the opening of the castle.

Pulling up behind them, Ron, Hermione and Harry's carriage also stopped, allowing the two boys and girl to jump out of the carriage. Up ahead, they could see Draco, shoving his way through the crowd along with his two sidekicks. Harry exhaled, rolling his green eyes, already frustrated with the attitude of the boy from Slytherin.

"He really hasn't changed much, has he?" Ron joked, not even smiling. Harry slowly shook his head, walking in between his two best friends.

"He really hasn't..." Harry agreed.

****

Arriving at the Gryffindor common room, Harry was the first to go straight to his room after giving a small goodbye to Hermione. To tell the truth, after that whole ordeal with Draco, he wasn't in the mood for any catching up or lighthearted conversation. Throwing his bag down beside his bed, Harry climbed on top of the covers and just lazily slumped onto them, letting out a stressed filled exhale of air. Ron came up after him, seeing him sprawled out upon his bed and his face creased into a frown.

"Did Malfoy really get to you that much, Harry?"

"Shut up, Ron." Harry spat, before instantly regretting his choice of words. He sat up, facing his best friend who hadn't moved since he had gotten up to the room. "I just... I don't like him insulting my parents. I don't like anyone insulting my parents. It still hurts, you know? After everything, I still miss them more than anything."

"Well, that's understandable." Ron spoke, walking over to his own bed and sitting down on the side of it. "Well, look on the bright side, maybe tomorrow won't be so bad. And you'll get to spend time with my sister again tomorrow."

Harry managed a small smile, the thought of seeing Ginny tomorrow actually managed to lighten up his mood. He was happy that his best friend had managed to become accepting of their relationship. After all, it must have been hard to stop being so over protective over his own sister, but maybe he just decided to trust Harry. They were like brothers after all.

****

The Slytherin common room. Draco decided that when arriving here, he slumped down onto one of the black couches, as Blaise and Pansy sat opposite him on the other one, seeing as he had decided to take up the entire space of the couch, which wasn't exactly surprising. The blonde haired teenage boy really wasn't looking forward to the day ahead. He knew he had many classes with Potter, and he just got the most annoying feeling whenever he saw that pathetic face of his.

'Maybe...' He thought. 'To make tomorrow more amusing... I can pick on him some more.' He grinned to himself, liking the idea. After all, Harry's reactions to his every word were always so worth it. The way he got angry and the way he looked like he wanted to cry, it brought amusement to Draco's life. It might have sounded mean, but it was that idiot's fault for declining his friendship on the very first day. They could have hung out, they could have gotten to know each other. But instead, Harry just pushed him away, and he wanted to make him feel bad for that.

He just wished his two stupid friends, the mudblood and the Weasley weren't always around, always clinging to him with every minute they got. There were other people in the school that they could have spent time with, but instead they always had to be with The Chosen One. Always defending him, sticking up for him as if he couldn't speak for himself. It bugged Draco like mad, and he didn't really know why. Maybe he just preferred it that way, having Harry respond with his own words and his own voice. Somehow, weirdly enough it made him feel happy to hear him speak, to even have Harry actually acknowledge him at all.

No, what was he thinking? He didn't make fun of Harry out of attention, or to get him to notice his existence. No, he wanted Harry to hurt, that was the only explanation. He wanted Harry to feel the pain that he had felt inside over the years. That was his reason for the torment of Harry Potter, nothing more or nothing less.

And it was going to stay that way.