Choose Your Side [11]

Staring up at the roof of his bed in wonder, Harry had a small golden ball within his hand, the golden snitch, that he kept lightly throwing up above him into the air, before catching it back in his grasp again, then going to repeat the same process.

The next day, they were going to be having a quidditch match, which was going to be played by Gryffindor, against Slytherin. Harry was honestly feeling a tad nervous for the game tomorrow. An emotion that he hadn't felt about that very game in years as he had a pretty good time playing it, unless bad things happened, like breaking your arm and then losing all your bones in said arm because of a useless teacher.

Perhaps it was the fact that for some reason, Slytherin were going to have a new and unknown seeker. There had been talk among the four houses, wondering who it could be. But as far as anyone was aware, no one apart from those in the Slytherin quidditch team had any idea who it was.

Hopefully they wouldn't be too hard to compete against. It could honestly be anyone, and there were many, many bad eggs in the Slytherin house that they could have chosen from. Just who it was, remained a mystery.

At this moment in time as Harry was currently thinking about the game for tomorrow, the room was silent. Well, it was silent until another figure joined the room, climbed into his bed and sat on top of his covers, just staring at Harry. Harry could feel his friend's eyes on him, and he sighed, wondering what he had to say.

"What is it, Ron?"

"I still can't believe you became friends with Malfoy. Blimey, Harry, has it ever struck you just how horrible he is?"

"You're just making things up, Ron. Jumping to conclusions." Harry replied, as the Weasley twins, Fred and George were coming up the stairs.

"Just stop lying, Harry! I know the truth, I heard Fred and George talking about it!" Ron cried.

"What?!" Harry exclaimed, sitting up and staring over to the two in disbelief. "You guys?!"

"Well..." George said.

"We didn't know he was there when we were talking about what you told us." Fred added.

"Sorry, Harry." The two said, seeming genuinely sorry that they had given away his secret. Seeing it was just an accident, Harry's face relaxed a little, not seeming too hurt about it.

"So, it's true then." Ron said, narrowing his eyes. "Well, thanks a lot, Harry. It's great to know who you'd rather be friends with, seeing as you have to keep secrets from all of us."

"Hey, I didn't tell you, because I knew how you'd react. It's not my fault you always get like this." Harry complained.

"Well, how do you expect me to feel when you want to be friends with the enemy."

"Enemy? Ron, he's not even that bad. Sure, he's dramatic but there's probably more to him than--"

"Well if that's what you think, maybe you should have been put in Slytherin." Ron spat, glaring at the raven haired boy. Harry rose his eyebrows, surprised that his friend would even say such a thing. Anger getting the best of him, Harry glared back at him.

"I could have been put in Slytherin, but I wasn't because I would have rather been put with you and Hermione. But if I knew what kind of friend you were going to turn out to be, maybe I would have asked for otherwise!"

The two brothers who had come up the stairs, gave each other awkward glances, wondering just how to stop the situation from escalating any further. Before they even said anything, Harry simply led back down into his bed, turning on to his side to face away from Ron who had gone and done the same.

"Now come on ladies. We're all friends here." George joked, earning a roll of the eyes from Ron.

"No, I think it's very clear that we aren't. Harry really needs to carefully choose whose side he's on, otherwise he's going to lose me." Ron said. "Malfoy is a bad influence on him... I can see him rubbing off on him already."

****

"What?! What do you mean, I have to be the new seeker? I never signed up for this!"

"Yes, we know! But listen, our last seeker was injured pretty bad in the last game, and so we really need a new one!"

"Don't you think this is kind of last minute?!"

"Yeah, but you're the only one who we know has some experience in quidditch. You have played before."

"And I almost landed head first, going against Potter."

"What is the big deal? It can only be for one game. And who knows? Maybe this time you can actually catch the snitch and win. So, what do you say, Draco?"

He hated the idea. He didn't even want to be the new seeker, to even be on the quidditch team. Last time he had played quidditch, he ended up lying in a dingy bed in the hospital wing. Something he really didn't fancy again.

Then again, maybe it wouldn't be all bad. Being the seeker, going up against Potter, he could get to see him again. Maybe after the game, if neither of them were injured, he could apologise for the way he had acted towards him. Or who knew? Maybe they'd both end up in the hospital wing together.

Weirdly enough, the idea of that kind of made him chuckle, making him come around to the idea of being the Slytherin seeker once more. Though, just because he was playing against Harry, didn't mean he was going to let Gryffindor win.

For once, he'd make Slytherin proud and victorious. And perhaps for once the quidditch game, no matter the result, would make the two boys from separate houses have something more to bond over. Draco wanted to stop being such a screw up and instead just wanted Harry to believe that he sincerely wanted his friendship. He wasn't so sure if Harry saw them as friends, or if he was still convinced that he was just trying to play a dumb trick on him and wanted to keep a close eye out on him.

Well, whatever Harry thought, he was looking forward to seeing him at the game tomorrow. Hopefully they wouldn't have to end up in bandages and crutches together!