Nothing Stupid [14]

Is this really what loving someone felt like? Because if Draco could get rid of the emotions he was feeling right now, he gladly would. Continuously, all he could see in his mind was the images of Harry and Ginny, just talking and laughing. Every time it replayed over and over within the inside of his head, it only made the emotional pain that he could feel within his chest become stronger. Why did he start to feel like this? It was as if he was better off hating Harry with the way this tortured him. 

Once again, Draco was back in class after his visit to Harry in the hospital wing, and just like before, he wasn't really paying much attention to what was being said. Instead, he just heard the teacher ramble on about things that he didn't really care for. Right now, he'd rather run far away than listen to anything that would be thrown at him by a Hogwarts school teacher. 

Every time Draco looked up from his desk, he did notice Hermione looking his way. Not in a weird, staring kind of way, of course not - she was Ron's girlfriend. No, she was still giving him that weird look. That look as if she could see exactly what he was thinking on the inside of his head, as if she was feeling the pain that he could feel right now. True, she may have known what it felt like at some point, guessing that that person she wanted to be with was Ron, she ended up with him in the end. There was no way Draco was ever going to get Harry. And he wasn't just going to go and try and split them apart, that would just mess up everything. Not only that, but it'd only make him look like more of a jerk than he already was. 

When it had felt like class had stopped dragging on for eternity, it was time for the lunch break, which Draco was so glad for because then maybe he could actually just get away from everyone and spend some time by himself. But before he had even got out the classroom door, he felt someone link arms with him, catching him by surprise. It was actually Hermione, who looked around cautiously before glancing at him.

"Hey." She simply said, walking alongside him with her arm still entwined with his. He rose a brow, answering.

"Uh, hi? Why are you walking with me?" 

"Because, I want to help you."

"Wait what?" 

"I want to help you get over, you-know-who." Hermione muttered, keeping it on the down low even though it was obvious to him who she was referencing to. She was talking about Harry.

Did she really expect Draco to just go out with some other person and then abandon his feelings for Harry? Because if that's what she was thinking, he wasn't really down for that. If he really cared, it's not like his feelings were going to go away within the click of a finger.

"Hermione, I'm grateful for the help, I really am. But you don't have to do this." Draco muttered through gritted teeth, as if that was hard for him to say. 

"It's not just for you." Hermione said bluntly, stopping when they turned a corner. Again, she looked around and made sure no one was looking. When she knew no one was watching, she firmly took her hand, pushing it into his chest so he was pushed against the wall. She narrowed her eyes as he gasped in surprise, feeling a tad winded from the impact.

"You see, Draco. Like I said, I still don't completely trust you. But I don't exactly hate you either. I just don't want you doing something stupid, like trying to get in the way of Harry and Ginny. So, in order to help them and keep their relationship intact, I am making sure you steer clear of them, okay? Not only that, but you won't be in such emotional distress when you see them together." 

Listening to what she was saying, he glared at her. Who did she think she was?! 

"Are you brain dead, Granger?" Draco hissed. "I'm not just going to go after some random boy or girl, just to satisfy you or Ginny. Believe me, I haven't even thought of getting in the way of them. I'm just sad, okay? Nothing more. I have no plans to ruin anything." 

"You really better not. Because I'll make sure it's fixed if you try anything." Hermione threatened, earning an eyebrow raise from Draco. 

"Seriously? You were the one who said you understood how I feel. Yet you treat me like this? To me it sounds like you're full of crap." 

"It's just that, Ginny is my friend, okay? I don't want her getting her heart broken by someone like you. Alright?" 

So, just when Draco had thought he might have had a chance in getting accepted, already Granger was delivering threats his way. What a surprise that was. She had always seemed like such a hotheaded person to him, especially when she had decided to give him a full on punch in the nose. Sure, maybe he had kind of deserved it, now that he looked back on it. But even so. 

"For the last time, I'm not going to get in their way." 

Not seeming so sure, Hermione watched his expressions, seeming to see how much she could read him. When satisfied, she finally stepped back, allowing him to move away from the wall. He rolled his shoulders, brushing off any dust that may have fell upon them when getting knocked into the wall by an angry teenage girl. 

"So, are you done?" 

"Yeah, I'm done." Hermione nodded, finally seeming to calm down. "I'm sorry. But I just have to make sure that you're not going to do anything dumb..."

"Right..." Draco muttered, exhaling. "I'm sure it's going to be fine, anyway. My friend told me  that I'm probably just going through a phase. That I think I may like him when I really don't.  I might just be imagining it..."