His Fault [12]

How did the game of quidditch go? Well, honestly, it was good and bad for different reasons.

Draco stared down at himself, tracing his fingers along the fabric of his green Slytherin house outfit that he was wearing for the game. He exhaled, also holding a broom with the other hand as he waited with anticipation for the entrance in front of them to open, so they could all fly out onto the pitch. 

It had been so long since Draco had last played quidditch. He didn't even know if he was still any good, or if he was even as daring as his twelve year old self once was. It was during their second year at school that he had become the Slytherin seeker, competing against Harry. Of course, as he remembered, it didn't end with much success in his case, and Gryffindor ended up winning as he had fallen off his broomstick and couldn't even participate in the game anymore.

But not this time. The blonde boy tightened his grip around his broom, mounting himself onto it as the large gate opened and they were all allowed to fly out onto the pitch one by one, Draco being the second person to do so. On his broomstick, he hovered around, flying over to where his place on the pitch would be, opposite Harry, the Gryffindor seeker. 

He saw him come into view, his red coloured clothes standing out as he floated a few feet before Draco, a look of surprise on his face. Clearly, Harry had not expected Draco to be the brand new seeker. Especially seeing as he was asked at last minute, so it's not like anyone could have possibly known until the game was played. 

"You're the new seeker?" Harry mouthed across to Draco, who managed a small nod with a smug grin. Harry grinned back, a look of confidence across his face.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you." He also said, no sound coming from his lips. But Draco understood every word he said and nodded in agreement. 

"Same goes for you." Draco replied. 

Looking down at the ground below, a teacher was seen walking to the middle of the pitch, going to open up the trunk which sat on the floor, holding various things needed for the game. The moment that box was opened and the snitch was let loose, along with the quaffle being thrown high up into the air, the game instantly began, the players beginning to zoom left and right, the ball being tossed from player to player as the boys and girls on their broomsticks were trying so desperately to score points for the team. 

Both Harry and Draco sat expectantly, looking around with their eyes to spot the snitch. After all, it did take quite a few minutes to find, seeing as it was so fast and was easy to lose. Narrowing his eyes, Draco tried hard to try and see it, but it was nowhere to be found. Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed Harry zooming off on his broom, meaning he had probably seen it. Gritting his teeth, Draco flew off after him, wanting to beat him at this game at least once just for the sake of his house.

Catching up beside him, Draco flashed Harry a smirk before focusing his two eyes in front of him, seeing the golden ball with wings dash off just ahead of the pair. The couple were trying their best to continue chasing it, whilst also trying to stay out of the way of other players. At the moment, by foul play, the team that were scoring the most points was Slytherin, seeing as their team tended to resort to terrible tactics. 

"I'm going to win this time, Harry! Just you see!" Draco exclaimed, managing to gain some speed to advance further on the snitch. Harry said nothing, flying after him as he also tried to increase his speed, making the two shoulder to shoulder again. Draco narrowed his eyes, looking back at the boy in the Gryffindor clothing, wanting to somehow find a way to stop him from winning. However, the only way he could really take Harry out of the game, would be to knock him off his broom.

That was something that he had attempted in the past, when he felt like he hadn't really thought so much about Harry getting severely hurt and put into a hospital bed. Now, with his new found feelings towards the Potter boy, he just didn't want to resort to such a way to win a game. He liked being competitive against people, but he didn't really want to hurt him.

"Come on, what's the matter, Draco?" Harry grinned. "You said you wouldn't  go easy on me!" He taunted.

"Say what now, Potter?" Draco replied, an eyebrow raised. Not saying anything, Harry simply smirked, flying closer and hitting shoulders with Draco, as if he was trying to hit him off his broomstick, just like Draco had been thinking about doing to him. Harry really wasn't lying when he said he wasn't going to go easy on him. So, that's the way he wanted to be?

"That's the game you want to play then, is it, Potter?" Draco spat, a smug expression on his face as he did the same back. The two were now battling to try and stay on their brooms, while still in the process of chasing the snitch. 

Smirking, with one final shove, Draco gave it all he had to get Harry out of the game. To his surprise, Harry had actually then lost control of his broom, slightly losing grip on it as he veered off course. Draco stared over his shoulder with wide eyes as he had actually saw Harry stumble towards the ground, turning over on his broom and landing onto the sandy floor on his side and rolling over onto his back with a thump. He couldn't believe it, he had actually stopped Harry Potter.

However, rather than feeling completely victorious, despite the cheers he was getting from Slytherin house and the boos he was getting from Gryffindor as he chased after the snitch, his biggest concern was whether or not he had harmed Harry. Was he okay? Was he hurt?

Finally, trying to focus on the situation at hand, the golden ball was just in reach. Draco took one gloved hand off of his broomstick, trying his hardest not to also lose control and fall out of the sky. He felt like his fingertips could just barely brush against one of the wings as he got closer and closer to his target.

Just a little closer... Just a little closer... 

Before Draco knew it, he actually felt his fingers touch the cool material of the ball, before managing to fully take it into his grasp. He couldn't believe it. He had actually caught the snitch! For once he had actually helped Slytherin win a game of quidditch! It hadn't really hit him how big of an impact it was until he once again heard cheers and screams from various Slytherin students. He stopped moving, hovering in the air, victorious as he held the small ball above his head, letting out loud whoops and cheers as he felt completely amazing right now. 

Once again, his eyes trailed back down to the ground where he had once saw Harry fall. And, to his dismay, he did actually see a few teachers go over to him, along with his two best friends, the Weasley and Granger. He frowned, seeing Harry get lifted off of the dusty floor, up onto a stretcher. So, it seemed like Harry had gone and hurt himself.

And it was all his fault.