Plans [20]

"Why do you treat us like idiots?"

"Stop it, Pansy."

"No, I'm serious. I see you talking to Harry all the time, you get so mad when people tell you you're not enemies anymore... C'mon, are you honestly telling me that you and Potter still hate each other?"

"We do!"

"Draco, I'm not as stupid as Crabbe and Goyle. They may believe you, but I honestly don't."

With a roll of the eyes, Draco looked over to her with a sigh. She stared back at him, waiting for him to reply with the look of impatience in her pupils. Frowning, Draco looked away again as he stared back to the front of the Great Hall at the long table, where all the teachers sat. He remembered back in the first few years of school, the headmaster Albus Dumbledore used to sit in the middle. Of course, after the events from the last two years of school, Dumbledore was killed by Snape's hand. Sure, Dumbledore knew he was going to be killed, and that Snape was going to be the one to do it, but it still felt so weird how he was gone. He wondered if he could have ever gone to him for advice.

"Draco? Draco! Oi!" Pansy whined, clicking her fingers in Draco's ear to bring him back to earth.

"Hm, what?"

"I'm still talking to you! Don't turn your attention away when I want an answer from you." Pansy complained, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Alright, fine. If I tell you the truth, will you please SHUT. UP?" Draco snapped in annoyance. She silently nodded. Seeming fed up, Draco once again rolled his grey eyes as he went to tell her what had really been happening. "The truth is, me and Potter are friends, BUT-- You can't tell Crabbe or Goyle. Or anyone else for that matter."

"What about Blaise?"

"He already knows."

"HE ALREADY KNOWS?!" She repeated, getting a nod from Draco in response. She crossed her arms in a huff, biting her lip in frustration. "I would have at least thought he would have told me... Stupid idiot."

"Oh, why don't you two just get married already." Draco mocked with a smug smile on his face as he placed his forearms onto the table, before resting his chin upon them. She flared her nostrils, as a small blush made its way across her cheeks.

"Why don't you just marry Potter already?" She spat, before getting up to leave. He let out a small chuckle, as he heard her feet tap away on the floor.

"Gladly." Draco jokingly muttered under his breath, his eyes going over to the spot in which Harry sat, talking with his friends just like always. He wished he could sit there, next to Harry. He wished he could have been put in Gryffindor, or Harry could have been put in Slytherin. It just sucked how far away they were from each other. And people were always continuously trying to keep him away, as if he was a danger to Harry, or visa versa. Every single time that happened, it always felt like someone had just ripped his heart out and stamped on it, over and over.

Why did Harry have to make him feel this way? Why did it always have to pull at his heartstrings, every time he heard him speak, laugh... Every time he saw his emerald green eyes gleam with hope and happiness, it always made him feel the same. It always filled his stomach with butterflies, just seeing that look of pure joy on his face. He wished he could have had that in the past. He wished he could just pull Harry into his arms whenever he wanted, to be able to kiss him and not care about what anyone thought about them both. However, the world was cruel. And whenever he felt like he was getting closer and closer to a result, it'd always be pulled right out of his grasp, just before he could reach it.

Getting lost in his thoughts like this, it was always things like this that brought him down. At the beginning of lunch, he had been in quite a good mood. But now, with a broken mind like his, it always spiralled him downwards into the darkest of emotions. Only times he ever truly felt happy nowadays when he was in the presence of that boy with the raven coloured hair.

Hermione, Ron and Ginny seemed to be getting up to leave, whilst Harry was seen still remaining at the table, busy talking to Luna Lovegood. Maybe now with those three gone, Draco could ask him if he wanted to hang out on Halloween. Crabbe and Goyle were not around, and it didn't seem like anyone else would really be focused on him right now.

Suddenly feeling nervous, Draco climbed out of his seat, making his way around the tables to reach the Gryffindor table in which Harry was sitting opposite Luna. Getting closer and closer, Draco rolled his shoulders, putting on a confident smirk. When he was finally in range, he nonchalantly slid up next to Harry, his back to the table with each of his elbows resting on it behind him.

"Hey, Potter." Draco spoke, glancing at Harry who looked surprised by his entrance.

"Oh, hey Draco." Harry grinned, his face relaxing. "What are you doing here, I was just talking to Luna." He explained, as Draco span himself around, his legs now under the table. The blonde haired girl gave him a small wave and a smile.

"Hello, Draco. What are you doing over here, aren't you two enemies?" She lightly questioned, her voice soft like feathers. Draco leaned onto the table with his arms folded over once more, a smirk on his face.

"I guess you could say we've got over our differences."

"Oh, I see. Well, that's fair enough. Good for you two." She continued, seeming genuinely happy that the pair were no longer pulling at each others hair.

"What's up, anyway?" Harry questioned, focusing on Draco.

"Well, do you still not have any plans for Halloween?"

"Nope."

"Well, then good. Because I do, and you're coming with me."