What Are You Doing? [19]

It was pretty unbelievable how quick the year goes by from the beginning of September, all the way to the beginning of October. Already, an entire month had passed and it was the month of where spooky things began to arise at Hogwarts, seeing as it was the month in which Halloween would occur on the 31st. Of course, Harry had never really shown any interest on playing any pranks on anyone, or doing anything scary on Halloween as his several years at Hogwarts had already practically been a horror show, with life continuously on the line at every corner.

Though, maybe seeing as his life wasn't continuously being threatened, he was thinking maybe it'd be fun to do something this year. What, he did not know. Dressing up wasn't really an option, seeing as they didn't have any costumes. Hermione would probably be the one to suggest reading scary books, but he wasn't really much of a bookworm like his smart best friend. So, with no ideas on his mind, he figured it was probably going to be like any other year, just the same old thing. Usual school day, eating Halloween themed snacks at lunch and then continuing on the day until he had to go to bed.

How dull. For once he actually wanted to experience something different in his last year of school. It was thoughts like this that led him to wonder what Draco was going to be up to for Halloween. He did not imagine Ginny would want to do anything, so instead he would ask Draco what his plans were.

At the end of Herbology class, Harry managed to catch Draco in the hall, walking with his friends like per usual. Frowning, the boy with the scar was wondering whether or not to talk to him while he was with his goons, he'd probably want to keep up his idiotic, smug persona in front of them. But then again, Harry could easily take any insult from any of them, so debating his options, he decided he would go after Draco.

"Malfoy!" Harry called, getting his attention as he looked over at Harry over his shoulder. He kept on walking, but kept his eyes on Harry when he caught up beside him, Crabbe and Goyle.

"What do you want, Harry?" Goyle questioned, sounding impatient. Harry rolled his eyes behind his circular glasses.

"Nothing from you." Harry replied. When Goyle was not looking, Draco flashed Harry a small smirk, seeming to find his answer amusing. "I was actually here to talk to Malfoy."

"What's up, Potter?" Draco answered.

"Well, I was wondering what you were doing for Halloween this year." Harry spoke, Draco rose a brow, not expecting such a question. There was a short pause, as they all came to a stop in the hall. Both of Draco's friends simply looked uncomfortable, as if they did not want Harry to be in their presence, while Draco rolled his shoulders, going to answer.

"I don't have any plans. Why?"

"You don't?"

"No."

"Wow, I'm shocked, Malfoy. I thought you would have liked to do something scary and daring for Halloween." Harry challenged with a small grin, before laughing as he saw the look on Draco's face. "I'm just messing with you. No, I was just wondering because I'm not doing anything either and was just seeing if anyone else was. But whatever. See you, Malfoy!" Harry finished, continuing off on his way as the trio stared after him in wonder. Both Crabbe and Goyle glanced at Draco, clearly confused as he just stuck his nose in the air, seeming to act as if talking to Potter was the last thing he wanted.

"Smh. What's he doing, talking to me? My father will hear about this! Anyway, come on." Draco murmured, motioning for them to follow after him as they also went onto their next destination.

When Draco had finally got time alone that night, he spent his time pacing back and forth in the common room of Slytherin. Talk about Deja-vu. He wanted to come up with an idea, something that could give him a reason to hang out with Harry on Halloween. Would they even be allowed out at night? Probably not, against the rules as wondering the halls at night time was always frowned upon.

Maybe they could go to the forbidden forest, tell some ghost stories? No, that would be stupid, unless they were asking for a death wish. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time Draco would have been in the forbidden forest with Harry. At least, at the time they were with Hagrid. Maybe they could have done something like that again, as long as there were no weird blood sucking creatures or anything wondering around again. Things like that just scared the living hell out of him.

Sometimes he wished he could have been less of a coward, and could have been brave like Harry. So, he decided, maybe that's what they should do. It would show Harry that he had gotten braver, that he wasn't someone who just ran away anymore. Then again, why did he have any reason to prove himself to Harry? True, he had feelings for him. But if Harry was staying with Ginny and was too stupid to realise what he was missing out on...

Exhaling, Draco slumped down into the black couch behind him, finally stopping with the pacing as his legs were beginning to get tired. He rested his arm on the arm rest as he placed his chin lightly onto the upside of his hand in thought. If it gave him a chance to spend time with Harry again, and the only person that would be there would be Hagrid, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal. At least Hagrid wasn't some annoying little pest, who would only get in the way and make pathetic comments or threats. Just like Granger.

Again, he rubbed his temple in a circular motion, trying to calm himself down. It was no good getting worked up about his two friends. Harry had specifically told him that he wanted Draco to get along with Granger and Weasley. And he was going to do that, only for Harry's sake. Not for Ron's, not for Hermione's. Only Harry's...

You Were What I Needed [Drarry Fanfiction] [Discontinued]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें