Suspicious [6]

One whole school day, and it was already over. Harry had spent the day with various different friends, spending break time with Ginny while he had spent the lunch break with Ron, Hermione, George, Fred and some others. He had definitely missed Fred and George over the summer break. Both their personalities, the way they acted with one another, it definitely brought light to a gloomy day. 

Luckily, after that whole ordeal with Draco at break time, Harry really hadn't had the boy from Slytherin speak to him since then. He remembered seeing him sitting alone in the library, and he was acting kind of weird in several other classes. He was just sitting there, always staring into space with his chin in the palm of his hand. Even at lunch, staring across the Great Hall over to the Slytherin table, Harry easily spotted him, not listening to his friends' chatter as he seemed to be elsewhere.

It kind of worried Harry. Not in the way that he was worried for Draco, but maybe he was just worried that that sneaky student was up to no good, just like he always had been in the past. It wouldn't surprise Harry if Draco had some mischievous plans up his sleeve involving everything that had gone on in the past. In fact, his suspicions only got worse later on in the day when he was on the way to the Gryffindor common room.

On the way there, he had seen Draco. However, instead of Draco heading towards his own common room like he was supposed to, he wondered in the complete opposite direction, completely on his own. Curious, the boy with the scar just had to know what he was up to all alone. It's time like this where keeping that map that Fred and George had given him, with the invisibility cloak, that when following suspicious people, both items came in handy.

So, when everyone else seemed to be sound asleep, Harry managed to creep out of bed as silently as possible. He crept across the room, gently placing his feet upon the floorboards with each step, not making a sound. Just as he was passing by Ronald's bed, he heard the ginger stir which froze him solid in his place. But, thankfully, he continued on snoring, still being completely passed out and asleep.

With a small sigh of relief, Harry went to grab his invisibility cloak and his map, before sneaking out into the dark. It was a risky move, wondering around the castle late at night when there could be teachers wondering the halls. But hopefully, this time, Harry wouldn't be so easily caught thanks to the fact that he'd be completely transparent when walking through the halls.

Trying to find where he saw Draco wonder off to on the map, Harry began to walk in that very same direction, his eyes wondering around in the darkness that surrounded him. Why would Draco be out on his own this late at night? It just didn't make any sense. 

Minutes later, Harry actually found himself back in the same spot that he had found himself at break time with Ginny. He could see the moonlight in the sky, lighting up the whole area around him with a shining glow. His bright green eyes traced over the scenery around him, going towards the tree that Draco had been sitting in once before. To his surprise, he could actually make out a figure sitting in the small gap once more, this time staring up towards the sky in front of him. 

It was Draco.

What was he doing out here, sitting in the tree at night time? What reason did he have for it? Was he waiting for someone? Deciding to investigate, Harry took several steps closer, so he was standing just before the tree now. He stared up at Draco, who seemed to be minding his own business as he gazed at the stars above. But then, his expression changed. The blonde boy moved his head downwards, looking exactly where Harry was standing. 

That's when Harry realised that he had been breathing quite loud, loud enough for anyone standing nearby to hear. His eyes widened and he quickly covered his own mouth, hoping that Draco wouldn't be smart enough to investigate the source of the sound. But, to his dismay, Draco quickly jumped down from the tree, landing just before him and reaching out a hand to pull the cover from him.

Just as Draco's hand grasped he cloak, Harry quickly grabbed for his wand as he felt the cover pulled right off of him, revealing him standing before Draco. Draco's eyes widened in shock, and he quickly whipped out his own wand, also pointing it back at him. 

"What are you doing here, Potter?" Draco asked, clearly startled that Harry had found him there. Harry frowned, holding his wand with a steady hand.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking YOU that? What are YOU doing out here? Sitting out here in the tree in the dark?" 

"It's none of your business, Potter! Why don't you stop being such a nosey idiot and just stay out of other people's business! Stop acting like you always know what's going on when you don't know a damn thing!" 

"What are you talking about?!" Harry argued back. 

As the two boys were arguing back and forth, what they were unknown to was the fact that the school's caretaker, Mr Filch was closing in on the both of them, wondering exactly where the two voices were coming from. Noticing footsteps not too far away, Draco quickly put a hand over Harry's mouth, silencing him.

"Shh!" Draco hissed. "Quick! Put the invisibility cloak back on! Now!" 

Not saying another word, Harry quickly pulled it over himself, and as he did, Draco also grabbed for it, pulling it over his own head so they were now both hidden from sight. Both boys watched closely, as they saw the caretaker's figure come into view, looking around in confusion as he had clearly heard the sound of two people's voices. However, not being able to find out where the voices came from, he continued on his way through the school grounds.

When both boys knew they were in the clear, they let out sighs of relief. Draco's eyes then widened, realising just how close he was standing next to Harry, and at that moment he quickly pulled the cloak off himself, trying to look disgusted as if being right near Harry was the last thing he would have wanted.

"But seriously, what are you doing out here?"

"Like I said, it's none of your business. And why do you care? After all, you obviously hate me." Draco answered, crossing his arms as he went to lean against the tree behind him. Harry frowned.

"How do you expect me to like you when all you do is pick on me all the time?"

"Well, how else do you expect me to get your attention?!" Draco hissed once more, causing Harry to raise his eyebrows in surprise, not expecting such an answer from his rival.

"What?"