Think About It [25]

Harry could just not believe himself. Why did he have to go and do that...?

About an hour or so had passed since he had been on the Astronomy Tower with Draco and the events of what had happened replayed over and over in his mind. Draco going to grab his hand, Harry feeling surprised and caught a tad off guard, Draco going to kiss him... And he didn't even push him away or anything! He just let it happen, being the idiot that he was! He was with Ginny, and yet... When Draco had kissed him, it was like he had forgotten about everyone and everything else. Like he had... Liked it? 

No, that was a stupid thought! For crying out loud, he was dating his best friend's sister! He couldn't imagine what would happen if any of them had found out about this. If Ginny knew the truth, she'd probably tear him to little shreds. Not to mention, Ron would hate him for life, and Hermione would be so disappointed in him, along with everyone else he just couldn't stand to lose. 

It was all Draco's fault that this had happened! Even when being told to step away, he didn't! He didn't care about Ginny, he didn't care about how Harry even felt about the whole situation. Sure, maybe Harry could have pushed him away when he had gone to kiss him, but still... Draco had no right to make such a damn move on him, despite being told NOT to.

****

Already, a few days since Christmas day had passed, and Draco still hadn't had one single conversation with Harry since that night. At first, Draco thought Harry just didn't have the time for him these past few days. That he was probably just studying for some cruddy exam they inevitably had after the Christmas break. However, his thoughts changed when he noticed Harry hanging out with Ronald and Hermione during the breaks and lunches. In fact, it seemed like Harry had gone back to avoiding him all over again.

Worried, Draco was wondering if Harry was mad at him because of the kiss. A part of him felt like it was, and he couldn't really blame him for that. But another part questioned what the hell the fuss was all about. Harry had kissed him in return, so why should he have been angry?! Why should he have the right to once again go back to act as if Draco didn't exist? He had to know.

So, one day, when everyone was eventually back at school with the break at an end, Draco thought it'd be best to confront Harry about it. Of course, not publicly, as he did not want anyone to know about his secret feelings for him. But just as he was rounding one of the hallway corners, he spotted Harry talking to Ginny, the both of them were laughing and smiling, obviously talking about something that was amusing.

Draco was ready to call after him, to get him alone so he could question him as to why he had gone back to being an insufferable git. Before he got the chance, he saw the pair kiss, and it had felt like his heart instantly broke into little tiny fragments, with tears beginning to form in the corners of his eyes. He didn't understand... If scarhead had cared about the girl so much, then why did he kiss him back...?

Harry's eyes seemed to widen, when he noticed Draco further down the hall. Ginny rose a brow, also turning to look at him in wonder. Slowly, Draco backed away, before fully turning around and going into a quick pace, hoping to get away from Harry so he could just be alone. An action like this, led them to the bathroom. Talk about deja vu.

"Draco." Harry spoke, standing in the doorway as Draco had his back turned to him, facing the mirrors. Draco dared not to turn to face him, as he just didn't know what to say. He was sure Harry probably hated him at this point. Just like he had before. 

"Leave me alone, Harry." Draco murmured, his head dropping as his eyes stared down at the sink he was leaning on. 

"Just tell me, Draco. Why did you have to go and kiss me? You know I have a girlfriend." Harry spoke, crossing his arms with a small frown on his face. Narrowing his eyes, Draco turned around to face him.

"I already know that!" Draco snapped. "That's all I ever thought about since developing feelings for you! I knew I couldn't do anything about it because you're with Ginny! But... I just couldn't take it anymore, Harry! I hated that I couldn't tell you how I felt about you..." Draco murmured, before flaring up again. "And besides, you kissed me back! So you can't pull this whole bullshit on me like it was my fault!" 

"Look, Draco, I--"

"What is all this about a kiss?" A voice wondered behind Harry, causing him to jump a mile as he turned to look. Of course. It just HAD to be the Weasley twins. 

"Can't you two ever just stay out of anyone's business?!" Draco spat at them, as they walked in, now standing beside Harry. 

"Hey, it's not our fault that we could hear you arguing just outside the door." Fred said.

"You're lucky it was just us and not Ginny or something." George added. 

"So what's this about a kiss?" They asked again. "Did you two kiss?" 

"W-Well..." Harry stammered, not really knowing how to answer. These two were Ginny's brothers... If they explained anything to them, wouldn't they just go and tell...?

"What's it to you?" Draco asked, glaring at them. 

"Alright, calm down. Don't get your pants in a twist." George said, earning an eyebrow raise from Draco. "We were just curious. Mainly because Harry is going out with our sister. But we also knew that you were just gay as hell, Draco." 

"W-What?!" 

"Not to mention YOU, Harry." Fred said. "You're going out with our sister, yet you hardly even spend any time with her. I mean, what's that all about?" 

"Well... I've been hanging out with Draco..." Harry sheepishly admitted, nervously scratching the back of his head. They were kind of right about that. To be honest, Ginny hadn't really been on his mind all that much as of lately. Not like before, when they were first going out. But ever since becoming friends with the boy from Slytherin and getting to know him, Harry hadn't really thought of anyone else besides him. 

"You better not tell anyone about this!" Draco said, the tone of his voice sounding dead serious.

"Oh? What's in it for us?"

"Promise us you won't tell." Harry begged. "I know Ginny is your sister but... I don't want to hurt her."

"Listen mate, if you really don't want to hurt Ginny..." Fred started. "Then the best thing you can do, is to break up with her. That's if you don't really feel like there's anything there anymore."

"Yeah, because to me, it sounds like you'd rather be with Draco. And if that's the way things are, well then, fine. We're okay with that." 

Harry rose his eyebrows, surprised that Fred and George were still so nice to him, despite the fact that he had shared a kiss with someone who wasn't their sister. If it had been Ron, he probably would have freaked out. It would have probably taken awhile to fix their friendship after that. But the thing is, did Harry actually want something more than just friendship with Draco, or...?

"I'll... I'll have to think about it..." Harry said. 

Author Note: Sorry that I haven't really been updating this story as often as you guys might like. The truth is I've kind of been losing interest in this story and trying to FORCE myself to write it is pretty difficult. I've had other stories that I've been really into writing as of late, so I've been putting all my time and effort into those. Also things have just been kinda stressful as I've been SUPER busy. But if I can, I will try to come back to this one at some point. Just please try and be patient with me as getting writers block for a story can be extremely frustrating from everything just being really busy and demotivating.