I'm Fine [5]

No way. Draco was not going to believe that. He was not going to believe that he was actually developing feelings for Harry. When had Harry ever given him a reason to fall in love with him? Sure, maybe he had saved his life on one occasion, but that was the only good thing Draco could recall that Harry had ever done for him. Over the years, all he had done was argue with him, even mock him and he almost killed him in the bathroom for god sake. Draco may have fired the first shot, but he just wanted Harry to leave him alone, to stop bothering him like he was some sort of person who always had to serve justice. It's not like Draco had wanted to do what he did back then, putting a curse on that girl.

It was pathetic to think that he could even love Harry in the slightest. Not to mention the fact that he could not have been gay. He had never liked any other boy in his life, it's not like he's ever had a reason to. Then again, he's never really felt any sort of affection towards any girl he's met in his life either. He's had girls flirt with him, and he's had them ask him out but for some strange reason he has always said no, staying a loner. 

Again, he saw Harry turn around towards him and both their eyes met. It was at that moment where Harry looked at Ginny, tapped her on the shoulder and told her that they should leave, which they did a couple of seconds later. Draco mentally moaned as he put his head down on the desk, his arms cradling around it as he just wanted to make the stupid sudden thoughts go away. What was the point in loving Harry? He had a girlfriend anyway.

"What made you dash off so quickly then?" A voice asked, causing Draco to lift his head up from the table he was sitting at. His eyes settled on his friend, Blaise who was staring at him with a questionable look. Draco exhaled, crossing his arms as he sat back in his chair.

"I said to leave me alone. Don't people get the message?" Draco spat. Blaise simply shrugged, not taking the hint to go away and he instead sat opposite him in another chair across the table.

"Well, I wasn't there when you walked off, so..." Blaise pointed out, getting a small "hmpf" from Draco in return. "Crabbe told me that you were arguing with Harry and then you just suddenly disappeared. You just... Froze up or something." 

"I'm perfectly fine. And I'd feel even better if I could be alone." 

"Hey, come on, man. I'm just asking what's up, seeing as you're my friend. And you look kind of troubled, so..." 

"Just leave it, Blaise. I don't want to talk to anyone about it." Draco mumbled, getting up from the desk and lifting his bag back up onto his shoulder. Blaise looked like he was ready to argue, but Draco simply ignored him, going on his way to leave the library and go to his next class. How he was going to concentrate with all these newly found thoughts in his head was beyond him, because honestly, he just felt like he was off with the fairies at this moment in time.

****

Potions class. That was the class Draco had next. The first thing he did when he entered, was hang back at the back of the classroom, as he simply did not want to be asked any questions upon anything. He couldn't think straight with the state he was in. He couldn't stop looking over to Potter, wondering what exactly was so great about him that would cause him to confuse himself. It was stressing him out, trying to make excuses for what he had been thinking. That there must have been some mistake and he must have just THOUGHT that he had caring feelings for Harry.

But it was no use. Every time he heard Harry talk, or he saw him turn around, looking in his direction, it sent chills up his spine. He always had to look away, worried that Harry would get suspicious if he just kept staring at him all the time. He'd probably assume that Draco was plotting some mischievous plot against him, when it was actually the exact opposite. 

While Draco's mind was still elsewhere, the teacher had actually decided to ask him a question he hadn't been listening to, catching him completely off guard. Everyone turned to look at him, including Harry which just sent a feeling of butterflies through the pit of his stomach. He glanced around him, staring back at every pair of eyes that watched him for his answer. But he had nothing to say, as he had not been listening. 

"I don't know..." Draco simply said, his voice quiet. For a moment, a puzzled look flashed across Potter's face but it disappeared just as quick as it had appeared. The teacher, Horace Slughorn just simply nodded, understanding that Draco didn't know the answer. Luckily for Draco, he hadn't scorned him for it and he just moved onto another student, repeating the same question he had asked just moments prior.

When class had ended, everyone began to leave the classroom, on their way to their next period. Draco was busy shoving his books back into his bag as Horace was waving to the students exiting the classroom. Just as Draco was ready to leave, the teacher stopped him, beckoning him to talk to him. Sighing, Draco stopped, doing as he was told.

"What is it?" Draco wondered, walking close to him so they were within proper talking distance. The teacher smiled.

"Don't worry, Draco. I am not stopping you to be angry with you. I just wanted to make sure you were alright, as you seemed in a completely other place during that lesson. Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention." 

"Oh." Was all Draco managed, before continuing. "Well, I'm fine. Perfectly fine."

"Well, good. You know you can talk to any teachers if you have any problems, Draco."

Draco mentally rolled his eyes. Did this teacher, Horace, give him advice just because he had pretended to be on the same side as the Death Eaters? He and many other teachers were probably keeping close tabs on him, worried that he would become the next Dark Lord, or perhaps he would try and help Voldemort return once more - not that there was really any known way to do that. But, trying to keep the peace, Draco just simply answered.

"Yeah, I know that." 

"Well, I'm just making sure that you know. Now, off to your next lesson. You don't want to be late."