It's Just Hatred [3]

Defence against the dark arts. That just had to be the first class Harry had in the morning. Though, maybe now it wasn't as bad, now that Harry had come to know what Snape was really like. Any other time he would have been dreading this class with an absolute burning passion, not because of the class, but because of the fact that Severus Snape taught it. Now, Harry didn't feel so intimidated when being around Snape anymore, now that he had learnt of his past.

He sat down at his desk, getting his books ready for the lesson. Other students were also following in, sitting at their own desks one after another. Hermione and Ron came into the class, Hermione sitting next to Harry while Ron had to sit at the desk next to them. A small smile was shared between the two friends, when Hermione had come to sit down at Harry's table. And of course, Draco's idiotic group had to come in, the blonde haired Slytherin being the one to sit behind the desk that was on the other side of Harry's.

Eventually, the class had been filled and they had yet to wait for the teacher, Severus Snape to arrive. And it wasn't long before the students could feel his presence cascading down the hall, to the classroom. Waving his wand with minimum effort in his hand, he shut all the windows, one by one, not saying a word as the class went silent. It was crazy how a man like Snape could enter a classroom, and his being alone could make it go quiet in an instant.

People were probably still afraid of the man in the black cloak, seeing as what had happened last year. It was unbelievable, seeing Snape and Professor Mcgonagall dual in the Great Hall. It wasn't a dual that lasted very long between the pair, but it was definitely one that had been remembered. But, seeing as Snape was never actually on the side of the Death Eaters, he was still allowed to be a teacher at the school. News went around that he had to be made clear by the Ministry of Magic, but seeing as he was still there, he hadn't been sent off to Azkaban and had therefore been proven innocent.

But maybe some students did not believe his innocence, judging by their watchful, fearful eyes.

"Welcome class... To Defence Against the Dark Arts..." Snape sternly spoke, watching over each and every student in the room. "Today we are going to be watching... A presentation on different spells and curses... So, it is important..." He paused dramatically, continuing to move his eyes around the classroom. "...that you do... pay... attention..." He finished, before turning towards a screen that he had managed to pull down, his black cloak swishing behind him with his quick and sudden movement.

Quills scratching against paper could be heard, as the teacher began explaining different kinds of spells and curses that were described on the board. Listening and getting through this class, was all that Harry wanted to do, as he wasn't really in the mood to get into any trouble this year. After the past several years of horror that he had to face, he just wanted one year where things could be peaceful, where he wouldn't have to be bothered, or worry about anything.

Maybe he was just thinking too soon.

To the right side of him, he could hear the sound of muttering and chuckling, which was obviously coming from Draco's table as he was sitting next to one of his friends, Crabbe. Narrowing his eyes, Harry looked in their direction, only to see that both of them were also looking his way, grinning and smirking. Draco being the school bully, that was just typical. So, it didn't really surprise Harry when he was able to see that they were obviously mocking him.

Though, to Harry's delight, a book was suddenly slammed on Draco's desk, making him let out a loud girly squeal as Snape stood, watching him with his arms crossed right in front of his desk. His face remained straight and stern, his eyes not moving a muscle as they were set right on Draco. The boy managed a nervous smile, now cowering at his desk as the Dark Arts teacher loomed over him with dominance.

"Have you got something... Interesting to say, Draco?" Snape muttered, clearly not amused by his student's attitude in class.

"Uh... N-No. Nothing at all." Draco stuttered, his smile faltering every now and then. Seeing Draco just sit and squirm, it was definitely the highlight to Harry's day.

"Are you sure? Because if what you're talking about isn't so important... Maybe then you could actually listen in my lesson!" Snape answered, his tone getting more serious by the second. Draco just simply nodded, not saying a word, trying to act as if he understood. Snape then turned away from Draco's desk, looking in Harry's direction. And to Harry's surprise, Snape had actually nodded in his direction! Almost as if he was doing him a favour! It was definitely something Harry was not expecting, but it made him feel better about Draco's constant teasing nonetheless.

****

So, it seemed like Harry was the new favourite in Snape's class now. Was he out of his mind?! Or had he just become another teacher that had brought favouritism to The Boy Who Lived. Why did people even still care? Voldemort was dead now, so what was the whole big deal about continuing to treat Harry like a celebrity.

Draco glared daggers at Harry when he saw the smile that formed upon his face. Seeing that beam of light upon his face again just made him feel so... So... What's the word? Frustrated! That was the only word to describe it! Every time he saw Harry smile like that, it always brought this strange feeling upon him. But the Slytherin boy always just assumed it was hatred, because it's not like he could ever feel anything other than hate for the kid with a scar upon his forehead.

They were destined to hate each other from the day they met, and Draco was going to be sure of that fact.