The in-laws?!

It's beautiful,isn't it?
How it all hurts but we never give up.
-The Word Virus.

Rose's pov

"Hello Mrs Carlson"Jay spoke politely while shaking mum's hand.

"Oh call me Debbie,Mrs Carlson makes me sound old"mum laughed.

"Well Mrs Carl-I mean Debbie let me just say you don't look a year over 31"he grinned.Oh no what is he playing at.

"You are just so sweet,please come in"mum stood back for him to walk in,while rubbing her cheeks to make the redness go away.Good work Jay you made her blush.I rolled my eyes inwardly.

"Hi Rose"he walked over to me and hugged me.What does he think he's doing?!

I pushed him off me and whispered so mum wouldn't hear"what do you think you're doing?!"voicing my thoughts.He can't just touch me.

"What can't I hug my friend."he smirked dragging 'friend' out.

"No you can't!"I whispered yelled.

"Okay okay what is going on there if you're going to flirt with my daughter you're going to atleast tell me your name."my face turned red with embarrassment.

"Mum!"I glared at her.

"What?I have to know my future son-in-laws name right?"she said it in a 'duh' tone.

"Mum-"Jay cut me off.

"Jay Stone,mother-in-law"he smirked at me.No!he's playing along with her.

"Well it's nice to meet you Jay,now tell me what are your intentions with my daughter?"she raised her eyebrow.

"Jay-"he again cut me off.

"Well in the future I would like to marry your daughter,so do I have your blessing"he smiled mischievously.

"Mum-"this time mum cut me off.

"Ofcourse you have my blessing"

"Jay-" he once again cut me off like I wasn't even here.

"Thankyou Debbie"the boy ,that is going to be killed if he doesn't drop this,said.

"Stop!"the both looked at me holding similar smirks,I already know they are going to be the best of friends.

"Jay go up stairs and in the first room you see"I ordered him,stupid Mr Carter if it wasn't for him this would've never happened.

"But Rose"he whined.

"Go!"he stomped up stairs.

"I like him"was the first thing mum said after he left

"Really now oh I didn't notice"I rolled my eyes,walking towards the stairs

"You know he really likes you."I turned to face her and raised my eyebrow.

"So?"

"You should give him a chance not all man are bad."she shrugged like mine and her past has no effect on her.

I shaked my head making my way up to my room.Jay doesn't like me,he just like to annoy me and get under my skin just because he can...right?

I entered my room to find Jay sprawled on the bed like a starfish.As soon as he noticed my presence he lifted his head up and once again that annoying smirk was plastered on his face.

"What?"I asked irritated.

"We can get married now with your mother's or should I say my soon to be mother-in-law blessing now all I need is your father's blessing"

My expression immediately falled and tears welled up in my eyes as the flashbacks came back,I quickly blinked my tears away.I can't be weak what's in the past stays in the past.

Jay must have noticed my all of a sudden sullen mood and changed the subject which I'm grateful for.

"So let's get started with the tutoring shall we?"he asked.

"Yeah because the sooner we start the sooner you can get out of my house."I laughed trying to lighten up the mood.

"You know you don't want me gone,who would want this gone? "he referred to his body.

"Eh,I've seen better"I shrugged trying to fight back a smile.

"Who?!"he growled-wait did he just growled at me?I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?"he pouted,he looked so cute it took me all my self restraint not to pinch his cheeks.

"You just growled"I laughed some more,my stomach was starting to hurt.

"I did not!"he said defensively.

"You did!"I gasped and continued"are you a werewolf or something"I teased him.

"What?!no,where did you get that stupid idea?"

"I read alot if werewolf novels"I replied.

"I can see that."he eyed my book shelf that was filled with werewolf stories.

Rolling my eyes"now can we just study?"

"Yeah sure but do you have a bathroom?"he asked looking around.

"No we do our business outside in the lawn"I sarcastically replied.

"Really?!"he asked.

"No!"I yelled."Come on I'll show where it is"I led him to the bathroom.

After 5 minutes and 34 seconds later Jay returned-what? I had nothing better to do then to count down time.

He sat down on the bed next to chair where I was sitting.

"Ok so let's start.From where do you not understand?"

"Umm...from the start"he scratched the back of the neck.

I sighed and continued"Ok so this is a quadratic equation.The general form of a quadratic expression is ax square +bx + c where a,b and c are real numbers..."I continued to explain as he nodded.

Jay's pov

She looked so pretty while she concentrated.I couldn't help but stare at her lips when she talked.It was taking all my self control not to kiss her right not that she'll let me.I can guarantee that she'll slap me if I even get close to her.

Her eyes were so focused on the notebook where she was writing that I started getting jealous of even the stupid damn notebook.Why isn't an equation written on my face so she looks at me?!

Her hair was cascading down her shoulders and a single strand was on her face blocking me of the beautiful view.I had a sudden urge to push it away from her face.

I reached up to her face and pushed the lock of hair behind her ear.She turned to face me and we were so close that my nose touched her's.My breathing hitched at the closeness,If I would move even an inch my lips would meet hers.

---------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 24 hope you liked it.
Plz vote and comment and this story is not edited so pointing of mistakes will be most appreciated.
Thankyou!

Love,
AuzaFatima!!