01; Blackberry Winter

It was the weekend before the new school term, a party was being held. The large living room, that was combined with the dining room through a big archway, was filled with busy chatter. The music that played was merely background sound. But it was all he really listened to.

People were walking around, coming and leaving again, in and out of his sight. But he didn't care. Their faces were familiar, yet he didn't really knew them. They all looked the same somehow, grey, better yet colourless.

He was tired of it. Tired of all the people who stood up to talk to him. He didn't care about them. Obviously they didn't know, they couldn't see the weariness behind the smile he always wore with him.

Every word they said was trivial and without any relevance. He had heard it all already.

He began to wonder where his friends were, ever since they left he had been sitting on that big couch alone. Of course he excluded all the strangers in that.

Then suddenly he saw a glint in the crowd.

Something that was worth his attention.

He didn't even know what or who he was staring at, people were blocking the view, just barely now creating a small opening.

'Just a little bit more...' his thoughts were screaming in his head. What was this feeling? Why was his heart beating so loud?

More and more did the voices of everyone disappear, instead the music become more clear.

He caught a glimpse of your face,

You still look like a movie

heard your consoling yet lively laugh.

You still sound like a song

Immediately he was struck with nostalgia, his mind filled with flickering memories of you and him.

My God this reminds me
of when we were young

If he wouldn't be sober then he surely would've thought that he had one drink too much. But you stood there for real. Talking and giggling with Iwaizumi.
But then again, his vision started to blur.

"Tõru!! Didn't you hear the alarm ring?!" the brunettes eyes fluttered open, making him jolt at the sudden scolding voice. "Geez, you stayed up late again, didn't you?! If you don't hurry Hajime-kun will leave without you!"

He jumped out of his futon at the realisation and quickly finished his morning routine, knowing he would receive another scolding by his childhood friend as soon as he was done.

---

On their way to their high school they walked past cherry trees, that stood in full bloom. It almost looked like three years ago. Pastel petals swirling in the air, the ground almost completely covered in pink, even a cat strolled by...

'But she's missing...' He felt tears starting to well up in the corner of his eyes, so to prevent another break down he inhaled deeply just to let out a big sigh. Much to the annoyance of his friend.

"Stop it that early in the morning!" but he didn't hear Iwaizumi hissing at him. A familiar looking girl passed them, jogging up to the cat to pat it. "...what is it, you're into middle schoolers now?" The stern yet slightly concerned voice brought him back and only now he realised that girl looked nothing like you.

So he sighed again.

"Ouch- Iwa-chan, I didn't even do anything, what was that for?!" whining he rubbed the back of his head.

"I kept telling you to stop sighing that early in the morning. It's annoying... If something is bothering you try it with words instead of breathing in the most annoying way possible."

"Iwa-chan, if you're worried about me why don't you just say so with words instead of with violence?" while dodging his kick Oikawa didn't see the bag follow, landing directly in his face.

"You two never change, huh? Fighting this early in the morning?!" Oikawa's head snapped back at the sudden voice. Though upon seeing it's Matsukawa and Hanamaki he sighed again. And with that - of course - he earned another hit from his friend.

"Oikawa looks so dissapointed to see us, did you hope for someone else?" Hanamaki snickered, making the brunette unusually tense and bashful.

"...So you've heard, huh?!" Iwaizumi spoke up, leaving the setter confused.

"..........Heard what?" after Oikawa's questioning tone followed a long pause before his friend turned and continued heading to school.

"...Nevermind, it's nothing."

"IWA-CHAAAAAAN, tell me~"

--- (the same time, different place)

You placed your school bag on a desk next to the windows. It was still early; out of excitement you left the house too soon but you just couldn't wait anymore. Today was the first day of your first year in high school after coming back to Japan.

Looking outside the window you couldn't help but smile at the thought that once again you both were under the same azure sky.

He simply didn't know just yet.

[started 12.26.16]
---------------------------------
(A/N)

*fidgets nervously*

ehm... what - how should I say this.

I'M WAY BEHIND MY SHEDULE
so actually the plan was that by now the story is already complete so updates come regulary every two days.

hahahaha
haha

what have I been doing all this time?

*cough*

Anyways, since I said I'd update in April I did. But since also college starts on the 4th I've decided to update on Sundays only for now ;;
I'm sorry ;;;

But I think it's for the best since I don't want to rush anything and I'll be pretty much busy with college. However, as soon as I've finished pre-writing every chapter I'll update every two days again.

( ͡°  ͜ʖ ͡° )
you're an adult now
allowed to engulf yourself in adult activities
*cough*
not like I wrote anything like that
*cough*
of course not
*cough* *cough*
you're free to skip it when it comes
or when oikawa c-

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER
I'm a little unsure about this though...