03; phantom

"Miki-san, please don't cling so close to me, people will misunderstand." Oikawa said coldly while removing the arms of his ex from himself.

"I wouldn't mind, it's not like you have a girlfriend, right? I heard about the Queen, how come she's not here?! I thought she'd be all over you. Glad she's not though." she took herself a chair, sitting right next to him while leaning onto his shoulder. Needless to say it caught the attention of the other persons in the room.

"You're bothering me, can't you leave again? You did back then too, so please go ahead." Oikawa scooted away, putting as much distance between them as he could.

"It's been almost three years, I changed too, why don't you give me another chance?"

"Because there are things that won't ever change. She's the only person that interests me. And even if she is currently not my girlfriend, you might as well consider her mine. Or better yet, consider her my wife. Conversation over."

A deep frown formed on her forehead and with that she stood up and made her leave. However in the doorframe she came to a short halt. "We'll see who is more stubborn. In the end it will be me at the end of the aisle."

When her form disappeared completely the room was still quiet until Oikawa leaned closer to his friends and whispered "...Just now, I said something pretty embarrassing, didn't I?..."

---

The last class was over and Oikawa walked towards the gym with a few papers in his hand. There was one thing that kept on his mind ever since his conversation with Akuzawa Miki. He has been thinking it over and over and over but he couldn't figure it out.

The fact that she expected you to be with him at break, he regretted not asking further but then again it meant admitting that there was something he didn't knew. What was it that she had heard about her?

He let his head fall back and his eyes met with the blue sky. The thought that you're both under the same azure kept creeping into his head but he tried to shake it off. If he got his hopes up he will only feel frustrated and depressed in the end.

Concentrate on practise.
The first years will be there too.
He will need to advise them as the captain.

Immediately he couldn't hold back a grin and pride welled up in his chest.

"Oi Trashykawa, what's taking you so long. Everyone's waiting." and with that the brunette jogged towards the gym.

"You need to call me captain now, Iwa-chan. Always be nice to the captain!"

"If you insist, trash captain."

---

"So... you're going to practise?" your classmate nodded in response while packing his things and you ruffled through his raven hair. "Well, see you tomorrow then Kageyama! Good luck!"

You grabbed your things and made your way out of Karasuno High school and just as you reached the bus stop, the big vehicle drove around the corner towards you. There was still a lot you had to do at home, doing the laundry, go grocery shopping etc etc.

"This bus, ... it's going to Aoba Johsai, right?"

But then again, it's not like you couldn't do it tomorrow and since your living alone there won't be anyone to scold you either.

---

At the gym practise just finished and everyone but Oikawa and Iwaizumi left already.

"How much longer are you going to train?! You usually take Mondays off, I could have instructed the first years too." normally Oikawa would have made fun of him for worrying but he didn't wanted to break his concentration.

He threw the ball up in the air, made a run up before leaping after it and hitting it over the net, creating a sound that was so loud one wouldn't hear the doors of the gym open and close.

"Nice serve, hard working as always huh?" you praised happily but all he did was flinch.

"...Iwa-chaaan, I'm hearing her voice again, will this ever stop?! ..." as his eyes met yours, for a whole 20 seconds he just stared and you wondered if he was even breathing, before he looked back to his teammate. "I think I'm hallucinating now, do you think I should go see a doctor?"

"...I'm sorry Trashykawa, but I don't think anyone can cure that brain of yours..."
"How rude, I'm not a hallucination..."

It took him a bit to realise that you were real, that finally you were in his reach again and the painfully clenching feeling in his chest disappeared in the blink of an eye.