32; cozen

The two guys couldn't react as fast as the drinks flew towards their heads and received a critical hit.

"Whhuuaaa I'm so sorry, it's my fault, I didn't pay attention, I'm sorry." you bowed down endlessly, handing them dozens of tissues.

---

"Of course you don't have to pay for this..." you said placing their orders on the table, head still facing down.

"No it was an accident, it's alright really. We're just glad the drinks weren't hot." and in the end they paid for everything with an extra tip.

At the counter you sighed heavy, putting the money into the cashbox.

"Why the sigh? Be happy that they paid, especially with a tip. You know that it's uncommon here, foreigner?"

"Yes, yes. But still... so embarrassing!"

"Still that makes you my favorite co-worker. You bring in quite some money."

"Then shouldn't I get paid more?"

"Do you have time to chat with your chef?! Go on, work!"

Your eyes wandered around the shop but everyone seemed fine. You were told to only go to the tables that called for a waitress.

Azusa now came back to the counter too.

"Say senpai... one of your friends always kept glances at you, could it be the brunette with pretty hair has a crush on you?"

Glancing towards the table your eyes met with Oikawas. Even from this distance you could see sparks ignite in his brown orbs, flashing a smile and waving towards you.

He really never failed to make you smile.

"I'm surprised you noticed even though you were in such a tizzy, Azu-chan."

She gasped blushing slightly.

"That's Oikawa Tõru, he's her boyfriend. The day she started working here, he made sure I know." Tokugawa chuckled.

"Woow I didn't know senpai has a boyfriend! Though I should have guessed so..."

'Boyfriend... Sounds really nice, I could hear it a couple times more.' lost in thought you didn't follow the conversation up to now.

"Now Azusa-kun, won't you tell her already who you set your eyes on?"

She fidget nervously.

"Ah she doesn't has to if she doesn't want to." you intervened, not really sure if you really wanted to know.

"It's-..." she thought about how to say it but then just carefully pointed her finger towards the boy sitting next to Oikawa.

"Huh, you like Iwa-chan?"

She nodded while blushing so hard.

"It's not that I don't get it, but.. Azu-chan, please look at him carefully."

Embarrassed, she was hesitant at first but then did anyway.

He wasn't saying much. Instead he was watching Miura talking, the corner of his mouth were turned slightly upwards.

At that moment Miura glanced back towards Iwaizumi. He was embarrassed at first to be caught watching her, but then gave her a smile.

And she smiled back.

Azusa understood and a little sad, excused herself and went to the restroom for a bit.

"You're quite the mean one, foreigner. To crush the hopes of a young little girl..." your boss said teasingly.

"It would have been mean if I hadn't told her. Besides, the only hopes I crushed were yours. Aren't you a little too old to take your fun out of teen love affairs?"

"What do you mean old, I'm still young. Besides even now there are things my parents decide for me, so I'm not that much of an adult either." you looked at him quizzically, guessing something simple like choosing a meal in a restaurant for him, that he didn't want. "They decided on a fiancée for me. You know her."

At first you thought there's no way and this would be one of his jokes but this time he was actually serious.

"The world is small. Small and cruel." and with this he threw the towel he had been holding to the sides and went back into the employee lobby.

---

"Don't bother." Iwaizumi's reply wasn't cold nor sharp. It was just ordinary. "I appreciate your worry, but we're over. It was nice and she will always be an important part of my life but life goes on, and so will I."

That's what he said but you couldn't help but think about it. After all you wanted the best for him. Besides, there's also the two who are unhappy being forced to marry.

Your train of thought was broken when suddenly Kiyoko approached you during break in your class. "Hey, do you have a minute?"

You nod and she goes on "I'm trying to find a new manager. The third years are graduating next year, so the team wouldn't have one anymore and I wanted to ask you, since you often come to watch and the team likes you."

~~~
(12/01/16)