26; sequacious

A few hours passed and when it was evening you decided to leave.

"I should be going now, I still need to do shopping and preparing meals. Bye!" you waved towards Iwaizumi, Oikawa stood up to lead you to the door.

"Is it okay that I don't bring you home?" he actually wanted to but you declined.

"It's fine, while shopping you're a bother anyway and it's not that late. Don't worry, I'll text you when I get home." you pecked his cheek and before you could go he pulled you in and kissed you dearly.

Again in Oikawa's room he sat down at his desk, not facing his friend who was texting on his phone.

"Why don't you elope with Miura-chan?"

"This again..." The ace sighed deeply. "How many more times must I tell you that she will marry someone else once she finishes her education?!"

"F*CK that!" he suddenly burst out. "There's nothing worse than being apart, physically and mentally. Just f*ck that guy and take her away!"

Oikawa's outburst made Iwaizumi look at the guy that had tears in his eyes.

"The other day, she said the same thing." Iwaizumi remarked rather quiet.

"Then why? You love her, I know that!"

"It's because I care for her so much that I can't do that. I don't want to take her family away from her. Despite the marriage thing, they get along well and she loves them. When your girlfriend went home, you didn't stop her either."

"It's because I did that, that I know just how hard and painful it is."

Silence spread through the room, until the ace stood up to leave. "Is this really about me, or is it about you going to leave her?"

------

The next day after school you saw a few unfamiliar faces in the gym, so you stayed hidden for a little while. But you guessed it was useless, waiting for something to happen.

"Hello.." you bowed a little reserved towards the tall brunette with a beard who shyly greeted back the same way.

"Hey you there!" as someone suddenly shouted through the gym you jolted. "If you're a fan please keep your distance, you could get hit by a stray ball!" you think you saw that man before somewhere. He had bleached hair that was held back by a head band.

'A fan, I'm not really a fan, but I'm no official member either..' confused about what to do you just stood there until Sugawara approached you.

"Sorry we forgot to tell you, we have a few new old members! The guy with the blond hair is our new coach, his name is Ukai-..." and so he began to introduce the coach, Asahi and Nishinoya.

You greeted each other warmly and then sat down on the bench next to Kiyoko, who was taking notes.

"Even though I just missed practice once or twice, quite a few things happened, huh?"

Kiyoko stopped scribbling and looked up "Yes you're right. There's also a new training match scheduled. If you want you can come."

"Heh, of course, I'd love to! Who is the opposing team?"

"It's a team that Karasuno was rivales with in the past, so it's really important to everyone. It's name is Nekoma, they're from Tokyo."

"Wow Tokyo! I'd love to see that!" you two continued talking about the match until Hinata jumped over to you before Kageyama hit him with a ball.

-----

That day when Iwaizumi came home, he threw his bag in the corner of the room and himself on his bed.

The whole day he had to think about Oikawa's words about Miura.

It wasn't the first time he said something like that. The day when Oikawa and you found out about Iwaizumi and Miura, the two of you bawled their eyes out, crying that you should just run away.

However, obviously back then they knew that was impossible and even though comments about dating in secret came quite often, lately Oikawa has been confronting him more than ever.

Whether he does it for personal reasons or because he really cares for his friend, Iwaizumi can't stop imagining what it would be like to be able to be together with her.

But then, every single time, Miura started to miss her parents. Fights embarked, loud voices filled his head and vile words were the only thing present.

Not a single of his daydreams ended happily ever after.

So he realized that he must make a decision, whether to love or hate her. Everything in between would just hurt them both.