19; rosy past

The doorbell rang in a shrill loud noise; quickly you answered the intercom. "I'm coming, just a minute, I'm almost done."

A knock on the door followed.

The doorbell was different depending on where it was pushed but you couldn't tell the different alarms apart just yet. A little embarrassed you opened the door. Akuzawa stood before you with a letter in her hand.

"This was in my mail, it's addressed to you though." she said while looking you up and down. "A date, huh?"

You took the envelope, briefly looking at the sender. "Uhm yeah... yes."

"Mmh... have fun then." she waved while walking off and disappearing into her own apartment.

You also closed the door and wondered if you should first read the letter or continue to dress up. You decided for the latter.

---

After a final check with the front camera of his phone, Oikawa stood in front of the apartment complex before pressing the button to ring the doorbell.

"Yes?"

"It's Tõru." he was a little nervous. No, incredibly nervous. But most of it was pure excitement.

After a minute you opened the door, wearing a white summer dress since today's weather allowed it, along with a cardigan in your favorite color and your hair done beautifully.

The brunette was stunned, simply staring at you awkwardly so you felt too embarrassed to properly look at him. Though you could tell that he dressed up charmingly before you had noticed the huge bag he was carrying.

Out of an open window echoed a familiar voice. "You went all out, huh?!" But before you both could turn to the voice the window was already closed again.

It brought you both back to each other. He wanted to say something but you caught him off by gripping his hand and after a few seconds of recollecting his composure he squeezed back in response, along with pecking your cheek.

He sighed before talking further. "My heart is racing so much, I really won't ever get used to you and your advances will I?"

"...I feel the same but it's embarrassing nevertheless... So I guess that means I'll just have to bathe in embarrassment then!" at your declaration he gleamed a bubbly genuine laugh.

"Yes, let's do that!" he raised his hand that was locked with yours triumphantly. "By the way, we're walking in the wrong direction but I was so impressed you took the lead that I just went along."

---

He took you to the next bus station and you were riding the vehicle until you reached some place you haven't been before.

"Alright now turn around!" you did as he said and suddenly it got black. He had wrapped a scarf over your face so you couldn't see. "Sorry, I'm messing up your hair for a bit but don't worry, messy hair is- Ah we have to get off here!"

He grabbed your shoulders leading you safely from the bus and along the way. After a while of walking you felt the ground change from street to grass, his hands disappeared and you froze in place. You could hear his footsteps go further away from you, shortly after a rustling sound, followed with the feeling of his hands on yours, pulling you back carefully.

There was a sweet scent in the air but you couldn't tell what it was.

He swirled you around gently. "Sit down, don't worry there's a blanket on the grass."

You crouched down, searching for the said fabric on the ground and sat down.

"You can take off the scarf now."

You undid the knot behind your head, taking the cloth down. When you opened your eyes you were reminded of when you had first met Oikawa in middle school.

Everything was rose coloured, the cherry trees stood in full bloom and the ground was covered with petals, with only the both of you in between. The male slumped down next to you, resting his head on your shoulder while you still watched the pink blossoms fall down slowly as if it was snowing.

You grazed through his brown locks and he hummed in approval. He had his eyes closed and completely relaxed while being patted by you. His eyelashes were really long, you were a little jealous over how pretty he was but hypnotised at the same time.

"Hey..." you tried to say confidently but it came out as a whisper and you stopped brushing through his hair.

He opened his eyes and lifted his head to look at you curiously. His brown expectant orbs and the smile on his lips only made it harder to say.