21; aeon

"I don't want to be your girlfriend because I'd much rather be your queen." you turned around to look into his wide open eyes.

"Honey, my heart just quit for a solid minute and I don't know if it was because you said no or yes." before you could apologise for that little joke he flopped backwards, laughing, eyes closed. "It doesn't matter, I'm so happy, so happy."

When he opened his eyes again he saw you leaning above him with a smile and pink petals in your hair. He picked one out blowing it away afterwards. Slowly you rested your head on his chest again and he brushed through your hair.

"This must be heaven." the brunette said to himself, almost whispering. "I've dreamt about this moment for so long, now it somehow feels as if it's over."

"What are you saying, it's only just beginning, isn't it?"

"What ends is the finiteness of us as loners. Now all that's left is us in eternity."

Quietly wondering which book he got that line from the both of you drifted off into placidity.

---

Several hours later he had one hand in the crook of your neck and the other on your back, to keep you from distancing yourself too far from his lips and going into your apartment.

"Tõru, it's gotten late and we're standing here for probably twenty minutes."

"Just one more..."

"You're saying that for the 46th time."

"I just can't leave you yet, so just a little bit longer. Just this time..."

"I understand but kissing in the hallway-" he couldn't wait for you to finish the sentence, to him he had already gained permission to press his lips onto yours one more time.

The way he kissed you felt somehow lonely, as if he wanted to show the way he will feel as soon as he let's go of you. And honestly, he wouldn't keep begging for another kiss if you wouldn't always join in so compassionate.

But this time he kept his word, the warmth he created slowly faded and you walked into your home.

The setter rested his head onto your door before he would leave. He wanted to dwell in the thought that you're still near him before leaving.

When suddenly the door opened, he grabbed onto the doorframe on impulse. If he hadn't he would have crashed into you, both of you lying on top of each other, nowhere for you to escape.

Oikawa regretted keeping his balance.

But then again he didn't want to rush things, which is why he declined spending a little more time in your apartment in the first place.

'But what if she would have wanted that?' is what he thought until he finally noticed the small package that you were waving around in front of his face.

"Earth to Tõru, Area51 wants their alien back!"

He couldn't help but laugh "You know that I grew out of the sci-fi thing?"

"Whaaaat, nooo that was so cute about you!"

In a flash his grin was replaced with a dark blush, "That was a lie, I'm still into it, I only wanted to act cool in front of you."

You grinned and once again reached out to him. "Have this on your way, after the bento we didn't eat anymore... and I ate most of that too."

"Thank you. Now that you're mentioning it, I completely forgot to eat because you looked so cute nervously stuffing food in your mouth." he grinned, pecking your cheeks and saying goodbye. Only to correct himself a few seconds later and kissing your lips. "Now goodbye for real. I'll text you when I'm home... I know it's late and all but can you wait for me?"

"Sure, my spoiled king. See you on Tuesday then."

He stood frozen for a couple seconds in the doorframe before nodding and walking off.

Upon reaching the bus stop he unpacked the snack he got from you and chow it down while waiting for the bus to arrive. '...milkbread.'

---

》I just got home, about to go to bed. Good night honey~ ♡《

When his phone vibrated he expected a text but was close to cry out of happiness when he saw it was a call instead.

"Yes? You're still awake?"

"Of course, you asked me to wait, remember?"

"I do, I just didn't think you would or-... Thank you."

"No need... I wanted to hear your voice before falling asleep. It's kind of embarrassing but, I miss you already."

Oikawa is melting.

"I miss you too. Thank you for today, for the milkbread,... Thank you for loving me! Now sleep tight, you have school tomorrow, dream of me, my love."

"I hope I will. Good night. I love you, Tõru."

After hanging up he set his Line status to 'I love my Queen ♡' before wishing to dream of you.

Meanwhile you fumbled a certain button on a silver bracelet, placing it on your nightstand so you wouldn't forget to wear it tomorrow.