34; caterwaul

Just as Oikawa predicted, when he came home he saw a large truck in front of your old house. He guessed it would be soon that someone moves in, but not that fast.

He averted his gaze, looked only at his feet. He didn't even want to know who lived there now, he just wanted to get home asap.

"Oh, isn't it Tōru-kun?" a pretty girl, definitely not Japanese, with wavy, long blonde hair, called out to him in perfect Japanese. Her green, wide orbs stared right at him.

He looked at her out of reflex because she called, but he just looked away again. It stressed him though, why did she know his name? However, something told him that she means trouble, so he chose to better ignore her.

When he turned away she clicked her tongue and mumbled something under her breath before continuing to bring carton boxes out of the truck into the house.

When Oikawa opened the door to his home, his mother was already about to leave with a cake in her hands. "Oh perfect timing, I was just about to deliver this. Did you meet the new neighbors?" she grinned and after you nod she slipped out of her shoes, shoving the package into the males hand. "Good! Here, bring this over."

"Over? To whom?"

"Who do you think I mean?! Now don't play dumb and go over, you can help them unpack while you're at it. I'm sure they could use the help of a man. Quick honey, don't let your wife waiting."

Now Oikawa was completely and utterly confused. That girl his fiance?! It couldn't be, his parents wouldn't just marry him off without telling. But it would explain why that girl knew his name.

There were countless thoughts racing in his mind while he walked across the street towards his new neighbors. For a good second he considered that girls name to be "wife", who knows, there are a lot weird names on the planet.

He pressed the button to the doorbell, that he already pressed a thousand times when he wanted to see you. So he wasn't surprised at first when he saw you opening the door, thinking it was just a replay of his memory in his head. But it wasn't just his memory, and he almost dropped the cake.

"I told you, I would be moving?" you did indeed tell him, he was already freaking out that you would move further away. He never considered you moving closer to him.

His mouth was open wide, until the girl from earlier walked towards the door. "Can you also use that mouth to speak or is it just there for show?" she said with both hands at her hips.

"Ah I'm sorry," he obviously faked a smile. "I just assumed you were another girl hitting on me, after all I didn't know you were a friend of-"

"HA" she interrupted his rant with a loud laugh. "You think you're so good looking that every girl would hit on you?!"

"Well I'm not that bad looking, even a stupid girl like you would have to admit." Oikawa now to started to get pissed.

"PPFFFT, did you just compliment yourself? Hahaha, well if no one else does." and with the last punch line she threw a fake smile that rivals Oikawas.

"Now both of you, stop it. If you have that much energy to fight you can rather use it to bring in the boxes." you intervened and both clicked their tongues at each other.

"Who is she?" Oikawa leaned in to you and whispered in your ear.

"I'm standing right behind you, you know. Why not just ask me directly?!"

"You know, on second thought," you said, now turning to Oikawa "Maybe you should go home for now, just until we finished unpacking."

"What? Why me?! I didn't do anything, she's messing with me!"

"Please, it's not even been five minutes and I already feel stressed. I guessed that you two would probably bicker, but this is on a level I currently cannot tolerate. I'll come over later!" you kissed him on the cheek and that was all it took for him to stop whining and leaving the house.

As soon as the door closed your friend spoke again, "Sorry, I overdid it a little. But it riled me up that he first ignored me and then gave me that fake smile."

You just nodded.

"But he is good looking, well done!" she complimented and you replied with a glare, which she just waved it off, "That's not what I meant, don't worry, but I'm sure you know plenty of good looking guys, don't you?"

"Huh?! What gives you that idea?!"

"Well, you didn't deny it. Maybe I should accompany you to that training camp in Tokyo you told me about?" she smirked.

And when you thought about it, it didn't seem like a bad idea.

"Sure, why not."