08; fervour

Trembling, Oikawa opened his locker, taking out his neatly folded uniform and handing it towards you. He had been awkwardly quiet for a while.

"By the way, white fabric is see-through when wet... I'll wait outside then." he could barely hide his grin before exiting the room.

"Pervert..." you mumbled to yourself while the chuckling sound behind the door suggested that he heard you.

On a nearby chair you placed his clothes down to take off yours, letting them drop to the floor with a splashy sound.

"You can give me the wet clothes, I'll wring them here." the boy suggested so you opened the door while hiding behind it, plopping the clothes down before he could catch a glimpse. "It's not like I'm trying to peek, you know? I'm quite the gentleman!" he said with his face pressed on the door.

Quickly you changed into the uniform and rolled up the sleeves and the pants until it fit better, and slipping into the blazer before you took your bag and opened the door, ready to go home.

"Ah, we're not leaving yet!" he walked past you towards his locker "I can't go home with a shirt and shorts after all. If I catch a cold Iwa-chan will hurt me." and before you caught on he pulled his shirt over his head before tossing it into his bag and looking at your flustered face with a smirk. "Eh you're face is all red! What are you imagining?"

"S-stupid! Pervert!" squeaking you threw the door shut and left him standing there on his own, though the image of his body didn't really leave your head.

After a minute he returned humming, wearing long sleeved clothes and had opened the umbrella in his hands. "Let's go."

You've been walking next to his left for a while and Oikawa's face was scrunching up.

"Everything okay?" carefully you asked and his attention turned towards you.

Suddenly his face lit up "Oh I know!" he took the umbrella in his right hand and snaked his left arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer towards him. "As romantic as sharing an umbrella is, holding hands is impossible... But it gives a good excuse to hold you close."

The way he smiled was like the first sunshine in spring, warming your whole body.

"I wanted to get to you sooner. I even ditched cleaning duty and what for? To be held up in an accident."

"An accident???" his eyes shot open wide "You're fine, right? I didn't see any wounds or bruises though..." upon glaring at him he looked at you innocently. "Heh~ you got me, I peeked."

"How can you say that with such a face?!" but he just laughed as if to say it can't be helped that he's a guy. You just sighed before going on. "The bus I was in had to wait for an accident to be cleared. When I got off it was pouring down. That's why I was drenched."

"I see... You need to be more careful, not that you catch a cold. I would worry." he looked dead serious, the grip on your shoulder pushing you even closer to him. "...Well, but then again I could nurse you until you're better."

"Say... Just what exactly are we?" you spoke hesitantly and he stroked your shoulder.

"Honestly, I'm fine with anything. Whether we're friends, lovers, strangers... as long as you hold my hand I'll be your whatever. And if you want, I'll be everything at once. So more than anything, just stay with me. I only need that from you."

"...That is all? You don't want hugs or kisses?" his ears perked up immediately, stopping in his tracks along with you.

"I didn't say I don't-"

"Well you said you need nothing else but for me to stay."

"I did say that but....." his lips pursed in an adorable way while his eyes met yours "kissing is still really nice...."

"Is that so? Then you want to kiss me?"

"Yes..." his forehead bumped into yours a little to rash but his left hand caressed your cheek gently, before the space between you withered slowly.