17; ameliorate

"Once I'm not a high school girl anymore, they want me to marry the son of a corporate heir. I don't think my happiness matters to them nor will they listen to anyone." Miura didn't even cry. She had already cried too often, there weren't any tears left anymore. She long realised she could only accept that situation. "But hey, it's fine. At least I won't have to worry about money."

Miura noticed how tense the atmosphere became so she tried brushing it off with a joke. She didn't want to sadden the mood any more.

"Honestly, your parents kicked you out, your's are forcing you to marry... what is this, a bad drama or something?!" at your remark the girls giggled slightly before Miura talked again.

"Then at least let's make it a good one, so you and Oikawa-senpai, how's it going between you two?"

"W-why, I'm sure there are other things to talk about. What's there to talk about.. Just... Oh potato chips!" you stuffed a handful in your mouth while the other two looked at you in confusion.

"Wow, relax. But that's surprising, the queen used to be way calmer, even things concerning Oikawa-kun." Akuzawa noted, now feeling tempted to take a chip too.

"That's true, even with the fanclub trying to bully her she always was really cool." Miura was just as surprised though not letting go off it. "But back then she was only focused on getting friends, now she's only focused on Oikawa-senpai."

"How mean, don't tease me like that, it's not even true! Which reminds me, I need to wake up early, there's a training match tomorrow."

"Training match?" both questioned in unison, so you explained, not letting out about Kageyama and Hinata.

"So you join Karasuno's volleyball team while your boyfriend is captain of the Aoba Johsai volleyball team?!" Akuzawa looked at you in disbelief.

"And he is fine with that? Especially since Kageyama-kun is also in that team." Miura looked worried, recalling all the moments Oikawa made a fuss about the genius setter simply being in the same class as you.

"It's not that I join them, I just want to befriend them. I don't think Tõru minds." and right now you wondered if you had told him about the match.

Yeah.

You didn't.

"But he said himself I should find friends, it's gonna be fine!" this was more directed to yourself than to the girls, who sighed.

You chatted more afterwards about all different kinds of things until you were too tired and went to sleep.

---

The next morning the girls got ready to go to Seijoh while you headed for your own school.

Just to stand in front of the door hesitantly. It felt a little awkward to just waltz in there. You had hoped to meet someone who would walk in with you but that was not the case.

'Who cares!' you were about to pull open the door as suddenly a male voice barked behind you.

"So the king's classmate came to watch? You'll get to see him loose, aren't you excited?" a tall blonde with glasses, showing an obvious fake smile appeared, before he and another guy with freckles went past you and opened the door before walking through it.

"Heeh~, could it be you're jealous of Kageyama? Don't worry, I'm sure one day you'll become as good as him. Maybe even as good as he was when he graduated from elementary school." you threw a fake smile back at him and he clicked his tongue in annoyance, earning a laugh from Hinata who overheard the conversation and quickly approached you.

"Haha that was a nice counter! That guy's name is Tsukishima, he's like reeaally mean. We will play against him but we will definitely win!" the little cinnamon roll chatted eagerly, waving his arms around in the air, dragging the both of you in the center of attention.

"Ah, is it alright if I watch? I don't want to bother anyone?" you carefully asked and Sugawara gestured for you to join him and the other remaining members at the sidelines.

You walked up to them, introducing yourself before the players gathered on the field and the match started.