29; mare

You were standing on the bleachers, staring blankly at the court in front of you where the next teams were starting to warm up.

Noticing that your team had already left the court you hurried down to the corridor, catching up with them. They were all so happy they won, and honestly you should be too.

There was just one more person that shared your train of thoughts.

You all got on the bus that would take you back home. Kageyama was sitting down next to you, what already astonished you.

After a while everyone fell asleep quite fast, except for you and the person next to you.

"Could it be you're thinking about who you will cheer on tomorrow?" Kageyama could tell by your expression that he hit right in the mark. "What about what you said to me before the practice match?!"

"Then who will you be cheering on?"

"Karasuno obviously!"

"That may be easy for you to
say now, but what about when
we're fighting for nationals?"

"Say Kageyama, you secretly want
me to cheer for you, isn't that it?"

That's right, you said that.

As you remembered the setter continued. "This isn't like you, get yourself together! Do you want to become one of his fangirls that you've always despised?!"

He's right, everything he said. You did change, friendship used to matter more to you but... "You may be right, I did only focus on him lately, but Oikawa and Iwaizumi are also my friends, just like you guys. It's not easy to decide who I should cheer for."

"Back then, you were right too. I did want you to cheer for me. I was happy back in middle school when you came to watch the team. So please this time too, cheer for us."

It was unusual for Kageyama to say something like that, but before you could ask him what he meant he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

-----

It was the next day and the match was about to start. However, instead of going to the gym you went to a nearby park. After strolling around for a while you reached a bench to sit down on. You threw your head back and let your feet dangle in the air.

If you can't decide who to cheer for, you thought, maybe it would be better to not go at all. No team would feel offended if you cheered for the other, so you thought it might be fair.

But, actually you really wanted to see the match. And both teams would be sad if you didn't show up, you knew that. Oikawa had tried to reach you quite a few times, just like Iwaizumi and Kyoko had tried.

Especially with Iwa-chan, you would have loved to talk to, he for sure would have been able to give you an answer. But you couldn't think any further because suddenly a dog jumped on you and a girl hurried towards you. The dog was so big that only its head fitted on your lap where it snuggled onto.

"I'm so sorry!" the owner seemed out of breath, following the dog around. "Are you okay?" she tried to get the dog away from you but it wouldn't budge.

"It's okay, I don't mind. Your dog is cute."

"Well, uhm... She always jumps on people if she feels that there's something they're worrying about..."

You let out a small laugh and petted the dog. "Good girl, thank you but you should probably go back with your owner." but she still wouldn't budge, instead she just crawled closer onto you.

The girl looked into her bag, pulling out cookies and offering you some. "If you don't mind, you can talk to us about it. I don't know why but it usually helps getting the dog off."

You thought it was strange at first but then still decided to tell her. At times it's easier to talk to people you don't know, and there was nothing you could do anyways.

"Mmh I see, you're in a pinch, huh?" she thought after hearing the situation and taking a bite off her cookie. "But, don't you think they will be even more sad if you didn't appear at all? You could cheer them both on, I'm sure both sides will understand. But not going at all is..." suddenly the dog removed itself, jumped off the bench and chased a butterfly that was flying around.