05; rebarbative

The next morning Iwaizumi walked alone past the cherry trees that already stopped blooming. Oikawa had called him earlier, saying that he went ahead since he couldn't sleep any longer. Even though he couldn't see his face, he knew the brunette was smiling from ear to ear.

"Hajime-kun!" Miura called out to him while trying to catch up. "Akuzawa Miki, she's been trying to get Oikawa-san back." he always thought she was especially cute when she worried about others.

"Yeah, she bothered him yesterday at lunch break already. Not like it would work though." he grinned thinking back of what the setter explained Akuzawa yesterday about you.

"Does Oikawa-san know by now that she came back? His Joõ-chan?"

"They met yesterday, you should have seen the face he made..."

"I'm glad, I was already planning to shelter her from him... but I guess there's no need now?" she giggled imagining the brunettes face while suddenly her own lit up red when the boy next to her took her hand.

"...Is this fine with you?" he asked flustered as well and she just nodded.

---

"What's with Oikawa today? He's grinning like an idiot ever since he came here." Matsukawa walked towards Yahaba who only shrugged.

"No one knows but his serves are even more powerful today."

"Hey Oikawa, did something good happen?" the dark haired guy asked and an even wider smile appeared on the captains face.

Happy that he can finally talk about it, he let the ball drop to the floor and came towards the other third year. "Eehh~ how did you know? Yesterday-"

"GUYS!" the doors of the gym flew open, showing an excited Hanamaki "IWAIZUMI CAME HOLDING HANDS WITH A GIRL!" this caused quite an uproar that made everyone run towards the door in hope to catch a glimpse of the scene.

Everyone but Oikawa since he was in a corner pouting about being ignored. 

However Miura was already gone and the ace was slowly approaching the gym, already guessing why they all assembled at the door.

"What's this fuss about Iwa-chan, there's no way he'll get a girl anyway, I bet it was just some cross dresser or something." now the captain went to take a look too, not knowing that Iwaizumi was already as close as to being able to understand every word he had just said.

The current scene was too violent as one could describe it with mere words. I'm sure it's already playing in your head though.

---

It was lunch break at Karasuno and you approached your classmate with raven hair to chat.

"Hey Kageyamaaaa!" but it was no use, the setter was sleeping soundly with his face flat on the desk. Not even poking his side woke him.. Or a slight hit at the back of his head.

"Mmh.... Tobio-chan~" and suddenly his head snapped back, looking in all directions horrified. "...Honestly, just what did Oikawa do to you?"

At the sight of you he just groaned which turned quickly into a yarn. "What is it, leave me alone."

"How rude, Tobio-chan..." when you called him like that shivers ran down his spine. "I have a favour to ask! At last period, please take a lot of notes, okay?" instead of asking why he just looked at you confused. "I want to ditch. It's just English anyway."

For a couple seconds he just stared at you and you already guessed that he was going to decline.

"You're going to see Oikawa, huh?"

"Sometimes I can't tell weither you're actually smart or stupid..."

"HAAH?!"

"IT'S NOTHING! Thank you, Kageyama!" and as you were close to dash off before he could say anything more he had already gripped your shoulder.

"I didn't say I would do it. Don't ditch class."

"But, you were sleeping the whole day today too! How is that any better than ditching?!"

"I- I was practising since- We're talking about you right now! And I said I won't do it!" so he stomped off while yawning once more, leaving you wondering why he was in such a bad mood.

In the end you decided to tag along.

"Why are you following me?!" Kageyama was obviously annoyed, he had really changed a lot during those two years.

"But I don't know anyone else yet, besides why does it matter? We're friends, right?"

"I'd rather not be friends with you."

"How rude, Tobio-chan..."

"Stop calling me that already!" and with that he dashed off. You couldn't keep up and after you had lost him you noticed that you were lost yourself.

You now seriously considered calling him by that nickname more often...