18; scrambled

During the last two years where you've been home, the only times you watched volleyball matches was when you were in charge of the scoreboard instead of playing.

To say that the current match in front of you was more interesting, was an understatement. Hinata's speed and jumps and Kageyama's accuracy was- simply put- frightening.

And you could tell the serve of your classmate had improved over the years though it doesn't compare with Oikawa's.

After a while the match ended with Kageyama, Hinata and Tanaka winning.

"Heeh, Tsukishima-kun what happened? Didn't you say I would see Kageyama losing?" you said in a faked upset voice and he just ignored you.

"Hey did you see my spike? Wasn't it cool?" the small but beaming ray of sunshine Hinata jumped towards you.

You patted his head "Thanks to you Kageyama had fun playing and he seems to get a little over what happened in middle school. Thank you."

"Eh, i-it's nothing!" and he went along with Kageyama to Tsukishima to shake hands, the latter declined but was still forced to do so.

After that much excitement you decided to take out your water bottle to drink.

"WE'RE COMPETING! IT'S ALL SET UP!" Takeda-sensei came running to the gym, announcing the news. "A practise match! The opponent is Aoba Johsai!"

News shocking enough for you to spit almost every drop of water.

And as if on cue, a text message reached your phone.

》friendly reminder《
》tomorrow I'll be delighted to escort you on the best date you have ever experienced《
》≧﹏≦《

》excited much ?《

》of course《
》after all I'll spend the day with you《
》٩(๑> ₃ <)۶♥《
》prepare for fluff.《

》okay. I'll keep that in mind.《
》different topic, practise match against Karasuno? You don't want to bully Kageyama, do you?!《

》How could you. I'm just a caring and kind senpai, that grants my kohai a chance to play against one of the top 4 of Miyagi.《

The brunettes phone stayed silent for a few minutes and it made him slightly anxious so he typed another message, not knowing that you were simply occupied saying goodbye to the others before making your way home.

》Do you like him more than me?《

》Am I going on a date with him tomorrow? Am I texting with him? Did I come back for him?《

A grin crept on his face. He tried not to but he couldn't help it.

》maybe it's him?《

》it's me. ♡《

---

Coming back home, at the apartment next-door stood the guy that you saw once yesterday. He banged onto the door, yelling that Akuzawa should let him in.

Though it was useless, you already knew she would come home late today and that apartment was currently empty.

As you got closer to your door he became quiet, averting any eye contact.

"You should leave, accept it's over. She won't change her mind just because you're begging."

"This isn't any of your business is it."

"If you're being loud and annoying in front of my neighbours door, it is my business. Quit it and leave or I'll call the police." you twisted the key in the lock, opening the door when your arm was being pulled back aggressively.

"You won't call anyone, you hear?!"

Suddenly the door crack widened, revealing Ruto who immediately attacked the male to protect you. Screaming he kicked the puppy and in response you kicked him with all your strength in his private parts.

He would have deserved a more thorough beat up but you took the dog instead and carried him inside.

Fortunately he didn't seem badly hurt, he just slightly winced when the spot he hit was touched.

"Thank you for saving me Ruto. What a good boy, do you like steak as a treat?" he just wagged his tail in response as if he understood. So you prepared the meat while calling the police to get the boy that was still sprawled on the floor.

---

"Thank you for taking care of him today. I always feel bad when I'm leaving him alone for so long so you've been a big help." Akuzawa came in the evening to get her dog.

"No need, he was a big help to me. Your ex was here and long story short, you should try to make up with your parents and move back with them."

The look on her face showed that she knew already, and she will try someday. But for now she just went with her pet into her small apartment.