25; confirmation

You were too embarrassed to ask why you were declined, so you kept quiet and just followed him, facing down.

"And who are you?" at his male voice that was obviously not directed at you, you looked up.

"Oikawa Tõru, her boyfriend. I'm telling you so you're not getting any ideas when she starts working here in a cute uniform."

"Tõru-"

Before you could explain, the owner answered instead. "Don't worry, I'm not into pipsqueaks. The uniform is not even my taste but it attracts customers and that's all that matters. That's why I think she belongs here nicely as well."

'Huh? What?' flabbergasted you watched him tear the paper away from the glass.

"Come in three days one hour before opening hours. I'll show you around and the uniform will be done by then too. I'm looking forward to be working with you."

"Y-yes! Thank you so much chef!"

And there that cold looking person smiled for the first time before going inside again.

Oikawa clicked his tongue in annoyance but when he saw how happy you were his mood immediately got better. "So, why do you suddenly need a job?"

"I told you that I'm moving together with a friend from home, right? The rent will be higher and I don't want to burden my parents further."

"Is that so... by the way what's your friend's name?"

"It's a girl, don't worry."

"...Were my intentions that obvious?"

"They always are." he smirked in reply but it was the truth. You could read him like an open book and you knew for sure that in that exact moment his eyes kept telling that he loved you.

---

You both were hanging around in Oikawa's room, he was reading through his notes he took in class while you just laid flat on the ground. His mom went out to buy cake and the sort as soon as she saw you visiting.

"Let's play something." you were bored and you didn't even understood why he had to learn now.

However, he didn't respond.

You raised your head to turn and look at him. He wore his glasses and when he was focusing like that he looked really cool. If one ignored the alien sweat pants he changed into when he came home.

"Tõru." now he turned towards you, sighing before standing up and putting his whole weight onto you, suffocating you. "GET up, you're heavy!"

"Nah, you're so soft, I could just fall asleep like this." however he stood up right after. "Sorry I have to neglect you a little, I'm in my last year after all. I have to study at times, but still I want you near, please understand."

There was something in his voice that made you forgive him instantly. But as soon as you decided to give him some space you already heard his mother calling for you. Oikawa gave you a quick peck on the lips before lifting you up and pulling you along.

When you welcomed Miss Oikawa, Iwaizumi stood next to her holding a paperbox with cake.

"Thank you Hajime for carrying, you can leave the rest to me. You can go to Tõru's room and play. I'll bring the cake and tea."

"Mom, we're not kids anymore, we're not playing!"

"Then what else are you doing?" without waiting for a reply his mother went into the kitchen. Oikawa couldn't think of one anyway.

Back in his room, Oikawa went towards his desk learning, while Hajime and you played some cards.

"Tõru is learning a lot isn't he?" you mumbled without much thought.

"Well, he must have it rough, being team captain and the training while still learning for tests. He even listens in class."

"Is Iwa-chan actually showing sympathy towards Tõru?" you smirked and he smacked down his cards.

"I won." he collected the other cards to start another round.

"He wasn't like that throughout his last year of middle school though." you commented, and Oikawa, who was learning silently suddenly peaked up.

"Well, I need to get into a good University, everyone does. That's why it's so hard. But it's normal for us right?" somehow his way of justifying himself seemed off.

"I didn't knew you wanted to get into an elite. But then there is one right here in Sendai, so I guess it makes sense." you said and by then Iwaizumi had mixed and handed out the cards for another round.

------------------------------------
(A/N)
Hahaha it's been so long, I don't even want to know how long 😅😅
But I said I'll be done by the time kingdom hearts 3 comes out and since its release date is today... Well I'm not exactly done, but I wrote a little in advance. However, next three weeks will be rough, I really can't guarantee to publish anything until then. I actually wanted to wait until I'm done for real and then publish every day. But, since it's been too long...

Btw guess who joined a volleyball team in university 🤣 practice is once a week, I had to skip a few times for reasons but it's fun. I'm completely bruised afterwards though 😆