07; saudade

At the end of the last lesson you immediately dashed out of the classroom. Actually you had cleaning duty but if just one person is missing it might be fine. At times like these you were jealous of Kageyama who doesn't need to clean since he's in a club.

Is what you thought but still he sneaked out just like you.

"I thought you didn't need to partake in cleaning?"

"...I didn't get accepted by the captain yet."

"Do you never get along with the captain?!"

In the distance you could hear a scolding voice "Hey Hinata-kun! No ditching!" Seems like he got caught.

"You two there! You're not part of a club, right? You know what this means?!" From behind you heard the class pres' voice and Kageyama instantly tried to defend himself.

"But I already handed in my application, it's just a matter of time, besides-"

"HEEEYYYY" the president yelled after you who took the chance to run away.

'If I hurry and get the next bus I'll make it.' you had thought about it and you couldn't tell if you ever watched Oikawa practice. You won't be able to see it from the start but somewhere in the middle should be manageable.

---

"Let's wrap up practise! Everyone good work today! Please be careful when you go home, the rain is pretty heavy, the streets are slippery! And make sure you don't catch a cold." the couch announced with an "Ossu" following from the players and then leaving the gym.

"Iwa-chan would you stop glaring at me please?" Oikawa said feeling rather uncomfortable.

"...if you slip and hurt yourself I'll punch you."

"That's way too harsh! Why would I slip?! Do you think I'm that clumsy?!" but his and the stare of the other third years already answered his question. "So mean!"

"Anyways, there's someone waiting for you in front of the gym Iwaizumi." Hanamaki said with a grin while Matsukawa and Oikawa joined in "Who could it be, I wonder?".

Slightly flustered he threw the volleyball he had held in his hands at the captain before jogging to the door.

"Hajime, I didn't know if you brought an umbrella so..." Miura fidget with the umbrella in her hands.

"Uhm no, I don't have one..."

"Oohhh that means you two have to share it!" the heads of the other three third years poked out the door frame.
"How lucky our Iwaizumi is."
"He's becoming an adult so fast..."

It wasn't quite clear whether his head was red out of embarrassment or rage but the brunette butted in before finding out. "I forgot my umbrella too, so I'll be staying behind until the rain stops. You can go ahead of me."

"Ah this umbrella is pretty big, I'm sure we all-"

"Miura-chan?" Oikawa looked at her with a genuine smile "Take good care of him."

She nodded vigorously and they went home together after Iwaizumi had changed back into his uniform.

"Wow how generous of Oikawa-san, I'm pretty sure I saw an umbrella in your bag."
"The kind Oikawa-san, huh?"
Mockingly Matsukawa and Hanamaki praised before leaving too.

---

It's already been half an hour before practice ended and it was still pouring down. The brunette decided to take a small break and took the water bottle, gulping down almost all of it.

When he put it back and wanted to grab his phone the doors of the gym opened.

"I'm late, aren't I?"

"Joõ-chan? What happened, you're drenched!" he ran up to you with his towel, trying to at least dry your head.

"Well it's raining, duh?"

"Whatever, we need to get you out of these clothes first, you can wear my school uniform. Even if it's too big, at least it's dry." he got worry etched all over his face, he was very sweet. Taking your hand and lacing his fingers with yours he led you to the club room.