six

h a r r y

In a swift movement I watched as inked skin motioned backwards in a blur to land another hit, the arm flying into the blue eyed girl in the midst. My blood goes cold, head a cyclone of anger. A grunt escapes her ruby lips as she falls to the ground, people stepping back in horror. Gasps and shocked whispers echoed around the room, people horrified that her own boyfriend with his dripping anger had managed to let it slip, burning out of him and scorching the skin of the one girl he was supposed to love and protect.

The results of running inside with Lola and her friend conducted into an outcome I didn't like, Louis had been tangled with another dark haired figure with fierce brown eyes and a large frame. The two were uncoordinated from their intoxicated state but still landed hard cracks on each others bones. Louis' left eye was a bruised, bloodshot contrast to his right and his bottom lip smeared with blood from the seeping cut. Lola had begged and pulled, her blue eyed boyfriend ignoring her plea with only a goal to finish the fight.

But it all ended with an innocent girl laying on the floor, clutching her reddening cheek with trembling hands.

A side to me that showed only in the darkest of times flowed from me, the broken edges letting the anger boil from me as I felt my body heat. I took no more chances, ending this nonsense as I moved in between the two fighters with my frame now towering over Louis'. It took a look of burning hot anger to stop him in his tracks, the fired gaze of my forest green eyes over grew his watering blue eyes, he quickly realised I wouldn't take anything he put on me now. He didn't take another stand to prove himself, stepping back to surrender as I watched him like a lion watching its prey.

Lola was cradled in her friends arms now, tears streaming down her face and red staining her cheek. It would surely bruise a little, but the hit was not as aggressive as many thought – still a frigid burn to her soft skin and the heart that beat for him. His realisation knocks him to the ground, begging her to talk to him as he whispers apologies to his girlfriend. I almost let a smile form as I watch her bitterly glare at him, walking away with him following like a loyal dog. But soon she is gone, everyone goes back to the atmosphere of the party and I am let with the feeling of loneliness, something that made my aura dim, the party growing less interesting as the seconds passed. Lola was gone, my friends were occupied and I was left with the tired ache in my dull bones. I take my tired soul and body out of the grand home, memories of a hurt blue-eyed girl seemed to break my skin open as I walked home.

A huff leaves my lips as I rest my back on my bed, my tabby cat coming up to my in a comforting way. My home was warmer than outside but still goosebumps formed on my skin, the warmth of my animal calmed me in a small way but inside I was a hurricane of emotions. I was so angry that the man who was meant to love and care for Lola let his fire seep on to her skin, she deserved the sun and stars and he could never give that to her. As I climb under the sheets of my bed, letting my cat rest upon my stomach to soothe me into sleep, I find myself thinking of forbidden thoughts. What if was to take Lola in my arms tonight? Kiss her cheek and hold her bones till the sun rose and her weary eyes found peace in sunshine electric dreams, love in her veins and kisses on her skin.

***

l o l a

Monday morning was bitter, the weather had taken a turn for the worst and I found myself sprinting to the school gate with the bottom of my jeans damp and my dark hair falling from its up-do. I hold my heavy backpack tightly to my chest and enter the premises with a breath of relief, the last of the students heading off to class. My mind begins to wonder as I steadily walk to my first class, the gardens and lush trees surrounding our school catching my attention in a daydream. The pink and purple flowers bloomed with the rain, soaking up each drop with eagerness to grow. The sky was dull but the mood seemed to lift as I walked into the warm classroom, the goosebumps on my neck fading as I welcomed the heating.