thirty four

harry

Art was a sense of freedom in my mind, it was a sweet taste in my mouth and fresh air in my lungs. A paintbrush between my fingers was the only thing in this world that fully made sense to me, even when I was a child it felt better to draw those scary monsters on tv, rather than fear them in my slumber. I was convinced art change the world, and I wanted to lead it straight into that beautiful destruction one day.

I rushed through the familiar halls of college with a faint breath pushing from my lungs, the walls seemed to be caving in on me as I picked up my pace down the narrow hall. My bag was slung over my shoulder so when I entered the art studio, it fell down to my hand with ease and I quickly found my spot at the back.

My eyes nervously looked around, hoping no one would notice I was late.

I finally settled in my seat, my head rises with the widening of my eyes and I almost chocked on the air around me when I inhaled sharply.

I wasn't aware models were being used this week, let alone naked ones. I brushed away a few strands of my hair to gain a better look, it was a sun kissed girl with auburn hair and delightful eyes. She had a certain odd familiarity about her, with the way she looked around the room and her pink lips pursed together as she posed, completely bare for a room full of artists. I admired her courage, and the rawness of her womanhood that she displayed with such confidence.

I quickly grab my bag and bury my hand in to gather my sketch tools, the small pencil case reaches my grasps and I eagerly pull it out.

I made sure to analyse each movement in her skin, the freckles constellated against the rose gold of her skin, and the dip in her waist that reminded me of mountains in the forest.

Since starting college, it was the first time I'd been intrigued and inspired inside this art studio–I wasted no time in relishing in this new muse.

I spent the hour we were provided with sketching the unknown girl, overwhelmed with an intense need to capture the raw beauty of her. I made sure to outline the structure of her jaw and thighs perfectly, creating a universe on the page that was a soft and beautiful woman. I made sure to target her core with elegance, capturing the fullness of her femininity with empowerment. She bloomed between her legs like rose petals in the sun, her expression perfect and alluring to all those in this room and by the end of the hour, I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my sketch.

I watched her as she wrapped a sheet around her body, smiling with ease to our art teacher and letting her blonde hair fall over her golden eyes. I pack up my art supplies in a rush, almost tripping over my stool before pushing past a few people. Her eyes almost instantly landed on mine, I smiled and she reciprocated the gesture with a certain knowing.

"Hi," I lean forward, letting my hand reach out to shake hers. "I just wanted to say thanks for getting up in front of all of us, it's extremely helpful to an artist but I'm sure it was quite daunting for you."

She shakes my hand and a look shoots across her features, taking her plump lip between her teeth before replying. "Yeah of course, but you're welcome."

"I'm Harry by the way."

"I'm Amber," her eyes look over mine before a wide smile forms to her lips. "Nice to meet you Harry."

***

Lunch arrived rather quickly and I found myself sitting with Richard in the cafeteria, he was going over his notes while I ate a sandwich–eyeing a certain muse I met this morning as she sipped her coffee. I take a mouthful over my lips, concentrating on the way her plump lips moved over the cup she drank from.