forty one

disclaimer; the flashback in this chapter will be written in third person, so I am sorry if that confuses anyone, but I'll try my best to write it so we all understand.

***

lola

Text message from Harry: I want to see you. please talk to me. -H

Text message from Louis: im glad we could finally sit and talk. here if you need a friend lola. :-)

A sigh escapes my lips as I park my car, the engine whirring to a stop as I toss my phone on the seat next to me, the radio still humming in the background. I had been listening to this band over and over again during the past few days, reminding myself of a fond memory from last year with Harry when we discovered their music. But all night I would cry my soul out into the pillow I laid upon, my body was so tired from the caving emotions that getting up this morning for work was harder than expected.

I was lucky my parents were supporting me through this, my mother even booked me in with my psychiatrist next week to help me get back on track. I wouldn't ever soon forget her efforts in assisting my mental health issues, something she was always good at, which in a sad way was the only times we bonded.

I shake my thoughts and finally turn off the radio, pulling my keys out and climbing from the vehicle. I let out a weary sigh as I cross the street, scraping my boots along the road.

The air was crisp, the temperature cooling slightly today but the sun still beamed brightly. I smiled as the blue skies scattered across the town, a blissful morning filled with busy workers rushing through the streets past me.

But my calm morning was put on hold as a red heel stepped into my view, her long legs extended way too much into her thin torso and the minuscule denim skirt she wore made my stomach bubble with disgust.

Amber.

Her blond hair was pulled into a neat ponytail and her make up–although bare–was perfected, rosy cheeks and baby pink lips.

She smiled, innocent yet toxic in the core of her bright eyes. "Lola," she chirped. "So glad to catch you."

I swallowed my anger. "Uh huh."

"I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" I almost want to snarl and bitterly laugh in her face, the thought playing in my mind. Was she really trying to get into my good books again?

"About the party, about Harry," she states and I want to scream in her face when she mentions his name. "I wanted to apologize for everything, I didn't mean for things to escalate like that."

"No?" I cock my brow as she begins to fidget with her nude purse, long nails digging into the material.

"Of course not," she forces a smile to her lips. "I was really out of it and so was he, and I didn't even know it was him until after we stopped kissing."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah," she swallows harshly. "I want us to be okay, you're one of my favorite people and I would hate for something so dumb to end our friendship."