twenty two

harry

I found her in the same place my mind longed for her at, the same place my heart leaped forward into her hands and the same place all our secrets spilled.

The willow tree.

After chasing Lola four blocks, the darkness of the night overwhelming and the moon kissing our skin, I finally found her here siting on that extended branch with the night in her hair. She was steady now, her chest rising and lowering with a easy pace. I exhaled loudly to get her attention, and light headlights beaming on the darkest of roads her eyes shot through me like bright stars. I swallow, feeling that burning tingle of the broken skin against my lip. My eyes ached and my bones screamed to rest, but I just stood there and watched her.

"I've made a mess, haven't I?" Lola quakes.

"We both have." I sigh.

Lola's eyes move to the sky, letting her wandering soul dwell into the stars and moon above her to escape reality. She exhales a cold breath, steady and deep.

"Will you always be here?" She questions.

"Always."

"You don't think I'm a bad person, do you?" She asks and I hear the break in her voice as she does, making sadness bubble inside me.

"Of course I don't." I take a step forward, crunching the ground beneath my boots. "You are just a universe full of exploding stars, you feel too much Lola and sometimes that can burn the others around you. You're not a bad person, you're a passionate person and you were giving all that love and passion to the wrong person."

"What I did was wrong though." Lola lowers her head.

"Perhaps," I shrug. "But has he always been perfect?"

The universe goes quiet and the world around us listens to the beat of our hearts, she lets her eyes look upon the moon again and as she inhales in illuminated light she feels okay again. Memories will always flood her mind, for years to come she will regret these thoughts but this moment right now will continue to let her know of the light inside her that will always guide her home.

"Come on." I stay, stepping forward. "Let's go home."

She stood in only a tee and underpants by her closest, make up wiped from her face and lips no longer a rosy pink shade. I turn my body and remove my shirt and jeans, feeling her hot gaze seeping into my soul. I sigh as I turn, running my fingers through the short strands of my hair.

"You've always looked beautiful with no clothes." Lola comments and I feel a red burn my cheeks.

"I could say the same thing about you."

Moments pass in silence as we stare into each other's eyes, a wondrous universe building around us.

"Are you sure you want to stay the night? I mean my parents are away for a few d-"

"Of course I do."

Lola smiles. "Okay."

"Okay."

I sit down and roll to one side of her bed before pulling the duvet for me, then letting it slide down the mattress for her to enter. She was steady with her steps, taking each one cautiously before lowering herself down and letting her body finally relax into the cool sheets. Lola sighs in relief, closing her eyes as she rests her head against the soft pillow.