Intro

It's been an hour and a half that I've been sitting in this office waiting for Caroline to come see me. I was cold and tired, I had just came from school since I went to collect my results from exams due to the fact that today was the day before summer break.

"Sorry I'm late, I had a meeting with the judge and I just had to be there." Caroline hastened into the office with a apologetic look on her face.

I gave her a half smile and replied,

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."
"So let's see this terms results shall we?" She smiled.

I handed her the paper in my hand as she placed her glasses slowly on her head. I remained silent as she examine the paper.

"I see a remarkable improvement. I'm proud of you Jes." she smiled.

"Thanks Caroline. So where are we going for the vacation? Are we going to the Bahamas this year?" I  asked.

She looked and me and sighed.

"Actually I have a better idea."

Ever since that day Caroline has taken care of me. She's been my only friend since then, everyone else treated me like shit. She was the only one that I actually opened too. I don't really live with her but I visit her everyday after school and stay with her till she finishes work then she drops me off to the Home for Boys. I've been doing this for 11 years now.

I looked at her confused.

"So the office and I have been doing some research and we found the location on where your father lives" she said under one breathe.

"What?" was the only thing I could've said.

She gave me a half smile,

"Yea I know it's a lot to take in but actually we were thinking maybe it's about time you get out of that horrid place and find a family, and this could be your chance."

I could tell she was filled with hope and somehow this scared me. I didn't care if my father was alive or anyone from my family, I don't want to lose Caroline. She's been like an elder sister to me, she understands me alot. Who would want a messed up 16 year old boy like me?

This is my first book so go easy on me if there's any mistakes. Pls let me know what you think about it and I hoped you enjoyed it !!! (: