8

I woke up early the next morning since Kathy was taking me out. I got ready and headed downstairs, to my surprise Damien was already in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. Wasn't he supposed to be at work?

"Hey morning." I said casually.

He turned and looked at me with little effort.

"Hey."
"Aren't you suppose to be at work?..Are you running late or something."

He chuckled.

"Actually, I'm off today."
"How come?"
"Sometimes I could use a break you know, plus yesterday I spent the whole evening with Emma before she left."

I stayed quiet. He sounded a bit relief when he said that, as though he just got rid of a burden.

"So..why are you up early?" He then asked looking at me curiously.

"Oh well um.., Kathy is taking me out for dinner tonight after her work shift so I plan on keeping myself unavailable till then."

Suddenly he turned his attention back to the bowl of cereal that stood in front of him. 

"You really like Kathy." he said in a serious tone.

"Yes a lot."
"What does she have that Emma don't?"
"A lot of things and you know that yourself."

I was heading out the door before he said,

"I'll take you."
"What?"
"Didn't you hear me? I said I'll take you, gimme a minute."

He drank out the milk from the bowl and jogged upstairs. Few minutes later we were out of the house.

~~~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~~~

Honestly, I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'm kinda glad Emma is gone. I now came to realize how happier it is without her because she's always acting like a spoil stubborn brat and it's annoying af.

Of course I couldn't directly admit that to Jesiah even though I think he already knows. What he said about Kathy had me thinking and he was right. I still loved Kathy but I thought that my distance from her would make her happy but then that's where my mind stops...Is she?

"Why are we here?" Jesiah asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

We were parked in the carpark of one of the branches for my company.

"Just checking up on some things." I said as we got out the car.

I've been getting a lot of complains from most of my costumers that this branch isn't being helpful so I decided to drop by on the way to the mall, you know, to resolve the problem.

~~~~~~Jesiah's POV~~~~~~~

We entered the store and I was in shock. These cars were beautiful, the designs were tremendously impressive however I didn't understand why Damien never drove his own cars.

"Hi, welcome to DMD limited where the fastest cars never rest. How may I help you?" a lady in a lifeless voice spoke.

Damien studied the place and shook his head in disgust.

"What is that on the wall?" He then asked coldly,

The lady turned to see what Damien was pointing at. It was the DMD sign but it looked rather old.

"That's the sign for the store obviously." she said with an attitude.

Damien then turned toward her removing his glasses to reveal his face. She froze as she saw him, her eyes were opened widely as she was rooted to the spot.

"That attitude might almost lead you to losing your job and I'm aware that it's the sign for the store sweetheart but what I'm confused about is that I sent out new signs to all the branches and yet that hideous thing still hangs there." He explained sternly.

She remained quiet. Tears slowly made its way to her eyes yet she kept it in.

"Sorry sir, I apologize for my unpleasant behavior and we haven't received the new sign as yet so please bear with what we have."

Damien became furious. They then took the argument to the back of the store, I stayed in front admiring all the different cars. The rims were stunning, the interior parts were amazing.

It's beautiful." a voice said that made me jump.

I turned to see a black headed girl wearing a joggers and an adidas shirt smiling down at me.

"Um yeah."
"I'm Brittany."
"Jesiah."
"You're not from the city are you?"
"No, I'm just visiting."
"Ow okay nice."

Brittany looked around 14 but I didn't feel like asking since I wasn't really into the conversation. There was a short silence between us so I decided to say something,

"So are you choosing a car for yourself or?"
No, I'm jus helping my mum, not to sure which one to choose though. They're all nice yet so expensive."

But before I could answer her, Damien stepped out and the entire store went across to meet him, soon he was crowded with people.

"OMG, it's Damien Smith. He never comes here!"
"Lucky you."
"Gosh! He's hotter than the pictures!"

I was in complete disgust.

"Are you mad!? He's an 36 year old man, you're sick."
"There's something called fan-girling, what's your problem?"
"Well he's my da-"
"Hey kid."

I was interrupted by Damien's voice as he walked towards us. I swear Brittany was close to exploding, she kept breathing loud as though Damien was her high school crush who finally spoke to her after many attempts.

"Who's this?" he asked smiling down at her.
"Uh, this is Brittany."
"Oh well hi, I'm Damien Smith. Jesiah's father."

Brittany was speechless, her mother made her way towards us as she placed a hand on Brittany's shoulder. Damien and her mother began talking and exchanging smiles then soon after we were ready to leave.

"Natalie, 80% off will be given to Ms. Wood and her daughter on any car they chose understand?" Damien winked at Brittany's mum.

Natalie, the lady who greeted us earlier nodded in agreement as we left.

Here's another chapter!! Hope you liked it, I apologize if there's any mistakes in this one or the previous ones. The chapters might start getting a little longer but I'll try my best to keep it short okay. Don't forget to vote and share your opinions! Love y'all xox (: