11

~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of my phone alarm. I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes, somehow I felt like I slept whole morning but it was only 9:30. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth then quickly took a shower before getting dressed and heading for breakfast.

As I walked downstairs I met a oldish lady who was dusting the couch.

"Um hi, good morning." I managed to say.

"Oh good morning little Damien. Breakfast is ready for you in the kitchen sweetheart." She smiled brightly.

Little Damien? What kind of weird nicknames that?!I sat down in front a plate of scrambled eggs, toasted bread, 3 pieces of bacon and a icy glass of orange juice. My mouth watered as I dug into my food, I was surprised that I was so hungry.

"Anything else you need hun?" said the lady walking towards me.

I soon came to realize that she was the maid. I looked up at her and smiled,

"No thanks. This is good. Um may I ask who made it?"

"I did."
"Oh..well um these eggs taste great!"

She nodded with a smile. I got up and washed the used dishes and dried my hands, then my phone came on as I received a message from Kathy.

"Hey kiddo, you up?"
"Just finished eating breakfast."
"Great! Well I'm finished my shift so you can come over."

It was only 10:30am and she already finished with work. I then replied,

"Okay cool. Be there in 20 minutes."
"Alright. ((:"

I thanked the old woman for the breakfast and left. I decided not to take any of the cars since we'll be walking around so I called an uber and sooner or later I arrived at her workplace. I entered and greeted everyone with manners. I opened the door to her office and she was currently on a call, she smiled down at me and I made myself comfortable as I sat on one of the couches.

There were a stack of papers bundled in a folder with the name Obstetrics patients. I opened it to see documents concerning women who were pregnant. It kept track of their visits, the medication that they take etc. There was this one document that caught my attention, It read on the top Caroline Williams. Could it be the same Caroline? There's only one Caroline Williams but I don't understand why her name is here.

"Well aren't you curious about childbirth" a voice said startling me.

I looked up to see a man wearing a doctor's coat as he leaned on the wall.

"Oh um no, I was jus-"
"It's okay. Don't worry about it, what's your name kid?"
"Jesiah Smith."
"Oh right, you're Damien's boy huh?"

He said that last part in a tone I didn't quite appreciate at all. I nodded my head and I turned my attention towards Kathy who was packing her bag. The man walked towards her desk and was whispering something to her which I didn't hear at all, my mind was more focused on the document in that folder. It couldn't be Caroline, could it?

"Okay. Come on Jes, lets go" Kathy said ushering me to follow her outside.

"Ugh, come on Katalina, please answer me. Just one night and that's it." The man said.

Kathy sighed in annoyance. The man then began to plead with her, I realized that he was asking her out.

"I'll think about it and let you know, okay Brandon?"
"Yes. Thank you. Have a great day beautiful."

And with that he left as she rolled her eyes.

~~~~~~~~

The city was beautiful. Besides it being loud and a bit clustered, it was stunning. There were a lot of tall business places, cafes, places to shop, everyone was busy. Cars drove up and down the street as they picked up passengers and take them to their destinations.

"Is it always this busy?" I asked Kathy as she walked with a serious look on her face.

"Sometimes. Most people come here to shop while others who work here in those tall buildings always come down here to buy breakfast and lunch."

We then entered a store that sold shoes...well ladies shoes. Kathy scanned the shoe racks searching for a nice pair.

"Oww, how about this? You like this?" She then asked trying on the shoes.

She began modeling with it around the store. It was leather black heel, it was really nice but I didn't really know much about these things so I basically just agreed with everything she said.

"Um yea. I guess."

She laughed. "Your mother probably had a hard time choosing between shoes."

Her response shut me off. I remained silent, I never went shopping with my mother before..ever. I always wanted too though, to see her dressed up all looking beautiful and happy, have some mother and son time are things I always wanted to do when I was younger. The thought of it made me almost cry in the store. I wiped my tears and sighed. I wish she was here with me today, she'd love this a lot.

"C'mon lets -  Jes you okay?"
"Um yea I'm fine. Something went in my eyes so."

I could've told she didn't believe me but she nodded anyway. She had her eyes on my still but I kept focused on the ground. She looked at me with a flash of pain, like she had an idea of what made me sad but somehow she was fighting it in. She looked at her watch.

"I think this is enough city adventures today, let's go grab some lunch then I'll call an uber to drop us home. Sounds good?"

I looked up at her but her attention was now at her phone. I replied with a nod.

"What do you want? Chinese? Or maybe we could some Caribbean dishes, I heard those are the best!" she explained.

We then left the store debating about which foods are better than the other.

Sorry if this chapter is long :0 but I hoped you like it. Don't forget to vote and share your opinions!! Love y'all. xoxo