23

The rest of the week went by fast. Damien and I haven't really spoken since Saturday, Kathy haven't answered the calls or replied to the messages I've sent her. Everything felt broken.

Damien's party last Saturday turned out as a success and ever since then, he's been at work, coming home after 10 in the night, it was just like how it was the first day I got here.

"You okay Hun?" a voice called pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turned to see the maid standing at the door frame looking at me helplessly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired."
"You've been in bed whole week. Think it's right if you just take some fresh air or something."

I sighed. I gave her a half smile and turned away. I didn't feel like getting up at all, I stayed in my room all day playing video games and eating whatever I found in the fridge. The sadness thing was that there was no sign of Kathy, she wasn't even replying to my messages or calls after I tried multiple times.

The days went by and everything felt dead. Next week Emma was returning and she and Damien would be married, as for Elma, she was busy with planning so she didn't even come home in weeks and I didn't really care where she was.

"Hey you alright?" said a familiar voice.

Damien stood in the door frame with a tired look on his face.

"Yeah I'm fine. How come you're home so early? It's only 6."
"Decided to take the evening off, been working tirelessly whole week"

I nodded slowly. "Have you heard from Kathy? Body guards said she wasn't at the party on Saturday and I've been calling her since then." he explained.

"Yeah me too, she probably already left for Italy."

He froze as if he didn't clearly hear what I just said so I repeated it.

"She didn't even tell me!" He said coldly.

I shrugged my shoulders. I felt bad knowing about this and not informing him, he loves Kathy a lot even though he denies it.

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

I laid in bed thinking about Kathy. She wasn't returning my calls neither my messages, it's like she's ignoring me. Suddenly my phone screen came on and with a desperate burst of energy I grabbed it and answered in disappointment to hear Emma's voice on the other line.

"Dammy!! Awh, I missed you so much." She squealed.

I sighed. "I missed you too."

"Can't wait to see you next Friday!"
"Oh yeah. Can't wait either."

She began talking to me about how her trip at Paris been but I couldn't lend my ears for a minute to listen to her. My mind was else where. I ended the conversation by telling her that I was tired and she gave in to my false words. I messaged Stephanie and asked her to get someone to locate where Kathy is. I laid back on the bed and allowed my thoughts to take over.

Do I really want this wedding? What about Kathy? Where'd she be if I got married? Before I could answer myself, I drifted off to sleep.

Sorry for the late update😢 school is being a pain🤧. Forgive me if there's any mistakes! Thanks for waiting😅 love y'all! ❤️