6

Hey guys, sorry I didn't update. I was busy during the Christmas season and went straight into school so I took some spear time to write out this chapter for y'all!!! xox ((:

~~~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~~~

It was almost 9pm and Jesiah wasn't home yet, somehow this bothered me a lot and I just couldn't help but stare at the door. I was sitting on the couch next to Emma as she watched a movie.

"Chill Damien, he'll be home soon." she said.

I tried calling him several times yet it went straight to voicemail. I did the same to Kathy, but I found her phone in the kitchen.

"Isn't he 16?" Emma said
"Yea so?"
"So..,I'm sure he's probably at a party or something."

What party could he possibly be at? I stared losing my patience. Suddenly the roar of an engine had me running into the garage, a white BMW pulled up and out came Jesiah and Kathy.

"Where the HELL where you!?" I shouted.

"I was out with Kathy." He replied casually, pushing me aside and walking into the kitchen.

"Oh. Well um, I took him out for lunch and then we ended up going to the movies." Kathy explained.

I turned to her. Seeing Kathy's face made me calm down a little, I haven't seen her all day but I pushed that thought in the back of my mind as Emma suddenly appeared and she smiled at Jesiah.

"Hay honey, we were so worried about you." She greeted him.

"How sweet of you." He said sarcastically.

"Jesiah!" I shouted.

Kathy covered her mouth with her hand to hide her laughter. Jesiah grabbed the phone from my hand and gave it to Kathy, he hugged her and she left. He gave me a disgusted look and headed upstairs, I didn't bother chasing him. Emma stood there almost in tears,

"Why doesn't he like me? All I try to do is be nice to him and he doesn't even care." She cried.

I hugged her as she cried.

"It's ok, don't worry. I'll talk to him."
"Damien if he doesn't like me now, imagine when we get married. He'll hate me!"

I hugged her tightly for a while then I sent her to bed. I wasn't so sure how I was going to tell him that Emma and I are engaged, he seem to have become close to Kathy. I sighed. I hope Amanda comes back soon.

~~~~~~~~

I entered Jesiah's room to see him playing video games. I cleared my throat,

"Hey" he said still looking at the tv

I sat on his bed.

"Hey, I want to talk to you about Emma."

He looked at me then paused the game and folded his arms.

"I'm listening." He said slowly.

I sighed, "Now I notice you don't like her..but Emma and I are engaged and-"

"What!?!" He said without emotion. I remained silent.

"Wait, wait. You're telling me that you're gonna marry that ugly brat!?"

"Yes and she's not an ugly brat! Watch your mouth mister, don't speak about your mother like that!" I shouted.  "Well soon-to-be- mother."

His eyes were almost covered in tears, he stared at me then quickly recovered with anger.

"She is not my mother. She will never be my mother, I'm not even staying here for long." He blurted out.

I stayed silent then I said.

"True but I'm your father, you must be part of my life even if that means you staying here ."

He didn't respond. He just sat there frozen.

"Could've said that 7 years ago when we needed you."
"What?"

He got up and walked into the bathroom.

"I'm gonna get ready for bed. Bye Damien."

"You know you are freely allowed to call me dad right?"

"Yeah but I don't have much of a reason too."

And with that he left. He was so rude. I didn't understand why he was like that!? Did Amanda spoiled him that much? I didn't understand him at all?  He didn't seem to like talking about Amanda. Did she do something to him? I didn't get it, was there something I'm missing?