20

~~~~ Damien's POV ~~~~

Anger was all I felt. My morning was ruined by Elma knocking on my door insisting that she discuss the wedding and also telling me that she was given the permission to stay at my house until Emma returns.

"Why the hell is she staying here!? Doesn't she have her own house!?"
Jesiah almost shouted at me.

I sighed. I need a drink. I walked towards the kitchen and into the shelf where all my Hennessy is stored and opened a bottle, pouring some of the liquid into a glass and drinking it.

"Damien! I'm serious. If she's staying here, I'm moving in with Kathy."

"Don't worry to much about her, Saturday is promotion party so I want you to prepare for that evening." 

He looked at me confused.

"Jesiah?" a familiar voice called.

Kathy walked into the kitchen and the happiness in her face turned into a rage of anger. I clearly forgot I wasn't suppose to be drinking around her, oh shit.

"Jesiah, go upstairs and get dressed. We're going out for lunch." She instructed him keeping her eyes on me.

As soon as Jesiah was out of sight, she grabbed the bottle and slapped me on my back.

"What the hell is wrong with you! Is this the kinda example you wanna set for him!" She shouted.

"Oh so you think I want him to do this!? It's not my fault that it's the safest stress reliever."

She rolled her eyes.

"Oh grow up Damien! You're a big man, you can't depend on liquid to keep you happy! And I hope you don't plan on teaching him your disgusting habits."

I couldn't tell her that Jesiah drank with me once, she'd be even angrier with me. I shook my head and looked away.

"Elma was just annoying me that's all."
"Why was Elma here?"

As I was about to take another sip, she grabbed the glass and emptied the liquid in the sink. I watched lifelessly.

With her arms folded across her chest she said, "Speak!"

"She came to talk about the wedding."

It was her turn to remain quiet, she sat in the chair adjacent to me and replied with just a fainted "okay."

I hate mentioning the wedding to her, I feel like the strings between us slowly break. It's getting shorter more and more each day. After the wedding, Emma might lay out some rules and I'm sure Kathy would be one of them.

"Hey Kathy I -"
"Hey you ready?"

Jesiah walked in and her attention was now on him, I turned away, avoiding eye contact with the both of them.

"Yeah, I'm ready."
"Okay nice. I'll bring him home around 6."

I nodded as they walked towards the door.

"Damien, you wanna come?"

I glanced at Kathy and she slowly turned away.

"Nah, I think I'll pass. I'm gonna go back to bed." I said getting up from the chair.

Jesiah looked at me and then at Kathy. I noticed he sense something was wrong but he kept quiet.

I watched as they drove off.

~~~~ Jesiah's POV ~~~~

Kathy and I were seated again in the little cafe that we went too the first time we met. I ordered the same thing I had before and so did Kathy.

"What were you and Damien arguing about?" I asked her.

She kept her eyes on her food for a while. I sighed.

"It isn't his fault."

"I know it's not but he's a grown man, he acts like a 20 year old. He's suppose to be setting an example for you."

She was again filled with rage. I don't see why him drinking bothered her so much, I mean, I know it's bad but why was she so determined for him to stop.

"Why are you so determined for him to stop?"

"When Damien was younger...he had a drinking problem. He use to get into fights, party until 3 in the morning. It was the worse."

I didn't respond. I studied her. There was something else bothering her.

"Is this about the wedding? I know it's bothering you Kathy."

"It doesn't really matter..I'm just tryna enjoy this week with him cause it's my last week here."

I glanced at her with a puzzled look on my face.

"What are you talking about?"
"I'm leaving. I'm going Italy."

I froze.

"What! Why? Don't you like it here? Why is everyone leaving me?"

"No one is leaving -"
"Yes everyone is. Caroline's having a baby, Damien is getting married and you're leaving."

She looked at me defeatedly. For the rest of the evening we didn't really talk. After we ate, she went to buy a shoe for Saturday and then she dropped me home.

I didn't even bother looking for Damien, I went straight to bed. This week was already stressful.